Blue update bar always stalls when finished updating.

Hi, since re-installing the MWB Free version on my two machines that were upgraded to Windows 10, I find that every time I manually download the database updates the blue progress bar stalls and remains in place when the updating is finished. To make sure it has actually finished I close the program down, open it again and click on 'Update Now' again and then the blue bar runs across and disappears as usual. This also happens on some friends' machines that I have also upgraded to Windows 10. Is there any fix for this?

post-194382-0-96157600-1445524537_thumb.

Hello and Welcome!

This has been reported already (just so you know).

If you would like so the staff can collect more info on the issue, you could post the logs below.

We would need more info on the system....

Please read the following and in your next reply ATTACH the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox

{ excuse my butting in FF }

:welcome:  Hi Millie,

The first thing I see is that you are not on our very latest version 2.2.0

This is what I suggest to get a upgrade-in place.    ( which should do better for you )

Please open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Open Malwarebytes (MBAM) > History > Quarantine > Delete All
Open Malwarebytes (MBAM) > History > Application Logs > Delete All

Click the Settings Tab
Click Advanced Settings make sure Enable Self-Protection Module is unchecked

Now Right Click the MBAM icon down by the clock and select *Exit*

Install the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware latest version 2.2  by first following the link below.
http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam

Then Save the file to your system   ( either Downloads folder or the Desktop).

Save the file and RIGHT-click the setup-file and select Run as Administrator  to begin the installation.
and reply YES when prompted to allow the setup to proceed and run.
It will install over the top of the prior program version.

Then after the setup has finished, on the Dashboard screen, press the Update  link  ( in blue).

Restart the pc when all done.  Just please right click Start >>  shutdown  >> and select Restart.

Sometime it may appear to stall a bit when showing the progress bar, but it is not a show stopper.  It might happen at times when your computer is busy.

Also, sometimes on "some systems"  ( all depending on prior conditions) a new install is best after a operating system upgrade.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Hi, I cleared the History/Quarantine + App Logs etc and installed latest version 2.2.0.1024 and my problem appears to be sorted now. :)  :) 

I had previously installed an older version of MWB that I had kept when I upgraded to W10 which is likely the reason I had this problem. Have also made sure it is now ticked for updating to new program versions! Now off to do the same on my other machine. Thanks very much for your help.