MBARW BETA - Cannot activate license

Aura

I tried to install it on my work laptop, at work, just to see if I was encountering the same issue as with another Malwarebytes product, and it's indeed present.

SaTFEFV.png

What domains are contacted for the activation, so I can see if it's blocked on my end?

Edit: Also, how do I force the licence activation again? If I click on "Get Details", it opens this forum in Internet Explorer, and clicking on "Start Protection" doesn't do anything.

Edit2: Slight suggestion, maybe adjust the folder name in the Start Menu to display Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware in the future? :P

CGFspOB.png

I tried to install it on my work laptop, at work, just to see if I was encountering the same issue as with another Malwarebytes product, and it's indeed present.

SaTFEFV.png

What domains are contacted for the activation, so I can see if it's blocked on my end?

Edit: Also, how do I force the licence activation again? If I click on "Get Details", it opens this forum in Internet Explorer, and clicking on "Start Protection" doesn't do anything.

Edit2: Slight suggestion, maybe adjust the folder name in the Start Menu to display Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware in the future? :P

CGFspOB.png

I have the same, not protection works in real-time. So far, this program is useless! :angry2:

That's quite obvious Pedro :P I can guarantee you that I'm connected to the Internet. I'll reinstall it tomorrow and see what it does, but I doubt it'll work. It activated without any issues on my desktop computer.

I can send you a PM with more information if you wish.

Please keep in mind that if there is something blocking access to the server (Firewall, Policies at work, ISP, etc.) this will happen also. But i would start with the reinstall and see how it goes, and we will get into more advanced steps to see if you are hitting the server after.

At last! I did manage to activate MBARW. :)  I had to tell KIS 2016 to ignore this app, no matter what it does. Only then was it possible to activate the licence. Looking forward to BETA 2 now, hoping that MBARW can then be started minimized without the splash screen telling me that MBARW is running.

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta 2 has been released, download or update now!

(If you have MBARW installed it should prompt to update)

Information:

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (BETA) 0.9.5

Improvements:

• Improved rules to prevent false positives on legitimate software

Issues Fixed:

• Fixed issue that interfered with proper detection of latest CryptoWall 4 variant