2016-03-23 Update issue - Database out of date but no updates available

I am a premium user and the latest update has broken my MBAM update. I have used MBAM Clean, restarted the computer and re-installed the latest version of MBAM Anti-Malware 4 times since the recent program upgrade which has now prevented me from updating the MBAM database. It was up to date but has now reverted to version 2016.02.16.06. This has been a very frustrating and time-consuming experience. I am on Windows 10.

I have attached the Farbar logs and the MBAM Check log. Please assist as soon as practicable.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

Hi Chewie:

I'm not sure if your problems are related, but daledoc1 reported in 2016.03.23.06 update issues: update doesn't finish that disabling checking for program updates (Settings | Updates | Check for program updates when checking for database updates | DISABLE) allowed database updates to run to completion.  I'm not sure if a re-boot was required before the setting change took effect.
-------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v45.0.1 * NIS v.21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium 2.2.1

Edited by lmacri

Hello and Welcome...

Can you explain why you have this in your hosts file, and if you reset your hosts file back to default will the update work?

2013-08-23 00:25 - 2016-01-22 05:53 - 00000836 ____A C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts

93.184.215.73    data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

9 hours ago, lmacri said:

Hi Chewie:

I'm not sure if your problems are related, but daledoc1 reported in 2016.03.23.06 update issues: update doesn't finish that disabling checking for program updates (Settings | Updates | Check for program updates when checking for database updates | DISABLE) allowed database updates to run to completion.  I'm not sure if a re-boot was required before the setting change took effect.
-------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v45.0.1 * NIS v.21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium 2.2.1

Actually, it was the OPPOSITE.:)

Disabling program auto-updates PREVENTED database updates from running to completion.

However, according to @bdubrow, the problem is supposed to be resolved with version 2.2.1.1043.
So, it's probably "moot" now.

We won't know for sure until the next program version ships.
But, yes, database updates have proceeded normally on both of my rigs after upgrading to 2.2.1.1043.
(1 was a clean upgrade and the other was on-top of 2.2.0.1024 and EDIT: neither needed a reboot.)

Thanks,

Edited by daledoc1
corrected inaccurate wording

6 hours ago, Firefox said:

Hello and Welcome...

Can you explain why you have this in your hosts file, and if you reset your hosts file back to default will the update work?

2013-08-23 00:25 - 2016-01-22 05:53 - 00000836 ____A C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts

93.184.215.73    data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

I feel very silly now, I should have known this... it was a necessary change several versions ago which again related to the database not being updated and I had forgotten that I had done this (or even why I needed that IP address, maybe one of the servers was slow or bad?).

That being said, I have removed this line from my hosts file and the database version is now v2016.03.25.04

Thank you again!

I have the same problem and received the same message.  I reported it to the company last night.  I thought it was just a problem with my computer since lately it has had issues.

It won't update after selecting to install the update.  After going through all the windows then selecting update it acts like it's doing something then quickly closes.  Each time I open the software I get the same prompt.

UPDATE:  I was doing a screen capture when it actually installed this time.  The other times it would not.  They must have fixed the problem since the update was done from their servers and not a local file.  I guess I can cancel that report to the company.  I'm attaching my screen shots anyway.

Update Error1.jpg

Update Working.jpg

Hello and :welcome:, @wboswell:

There are actually many different possible reasons for updating issues, especially since each computer is unique.

It sounds as if you have resolved your problem?
That's great news.

If not, to reduce confusion with having so many folks posting in one thread, I suggest the following:

1. Please read the following pinned topic and then ATTACH all 3 diagnostic logs to a NEW, separate post here in this section of the forum: Diagnostic Logs
    1. The 3 logs will be: FRST.txt, Addition.txt, CheckResults.txt

Thank you again,