False Positive - fix-my-pc-setup.exe

Ian2016

Hi Ian2016 and welcome to the Malwarebytes Support forums again :)

After re-evaluating your software  Fix-my-PC we consider it still to be classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program).

Our collective reasoning for doing so are as follows.

#1 Bundling >> The supplied installer bundles a secondary software (Pre-checked for install).Bundling.jpg

#2 No free time limited trial or partial free functionabilty to allow a potential customer to make a valued decision with out first purchasing the product.On the first run when removal is selected will lead to this.

scan removal select.jpg

Subsequent scans apon completion automatically open your payment page with the system default browser before any action is selected.

scan.jpg

#3 Alarmist detections after running the software on a very stable and relatively clean Windows 10 install i was shocked to find that i had "severe" issues that would require purchase of your product to fix.

On closer inspection these turned out to be nothing more then either system orphaned uninstaller registry values, empty uninstaller folder references or orphaned windows firewall exception keys of which none would constitute any form of nearing "severe" system instabilty. In fact i was blissfully unaware they were even present such was the stabilty of the computer used to re-evaluate your software on.

As such the way the results are listed and described it would appear you are trying to scare users into purchasing your product.Alarmist uninstaller.jpg

firewall rules alarm.jpg

#4 Exit program should mean exit and not another unsolicited attempt at targeting a purchase. When the software is exited in the taskbar the following window is created.

exit tray.jpg

#5 We have had numerous users who have submitted the software to us as unwanted and additionally WOT would suggest there are many disatified customers for your company/products/services.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/tweakbit.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-donuts

As you can see this is a combination of check points/behaviours that compound and give us a reason for listing Fix-my-PC as PUP.

Please see our official listing criteria here and how to appeal if you disagree with our reason for listing your software.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/pup/

If you are willing to address the above reasons for listing we would be happy to re-evaluate the software at such a time.