MBAE crashes IE11 during Google search on Win10-64

Sigwolf

A few months ago I noticed that clicking links in a google search would crash IE11 on my Microsoft Surface Pro 2 that I upgraded from W7-64 to W10-64.  It never occurred when I was running W7, and it did not occur if I did the Google search from Chrome or Edge, nor did I have a problem on my home laptop running W7-64.  I never investigated, and just started doing Google searches from a different browser on the Surface.  Last week, I replaced the home laptop with a new machine running W10-64.  Lo and behold, once everything was setup, I started getting the same app crash in IE11 when clicking links from a Google search, so I decided to look into it.

In both cases, it turns out it is MBAE causing the app crash when clicking on links from a Google search.  I don't know if it matters, but I do have my Google settings configured to open links in a new tab on both computers

FRST.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.zip

Hi, @Sigwolf, and :welcome:

Have you tried clean uninstalling and then trying out the new build that was just released, build 1196?

See this post for instructions on how to cleanly reinstall.

Instead of getting the build 1195 from the link, though, use this link to get the build 1196:  https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/

OK, I did a clean uninstall and then installed 1196.  Unfortunately no change in behavior.  The first link I clicked on in an IE Google search resulted in the same error.  Event Viewer confirms it was MBAE that caused the crash.

+ System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2016-04-29T11:30:40.814819800Z

EventRecordID 5994

Channel Application