Windows 10 LTSB profile error

bellows

After installing the latest updates to Windows 10 LTSB every time I rebooted and logged in windows would say that it couldn't log me into my profile and I had been logged into a temporary profile instead.  I was able to log into my regular profile in safe mode and go one by one re-enabling non-microsoft services to see which one was causing the problem.  As soon as I re-enabled MBARW the problem came back.  I uninstalled it and now my machine is fine.

I'm on build 10240 of Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

same here, noticed on Win10x64 Home and Win7x64 Home (local profiles)
I guess it has something to do with the locking of the ntuser.dat hives,
In some cases it seems ntuser.dat is locked too early, so it can not be accessed when logging in
this happens especially when a user logs into the machine which normally doesn't, and then the "daily default user" tries to re-login again (but not in every case, a bit confusing)
booting into safe mode and rebooting again fixes the problem once

• 8 months later...

Hello All:

The MBARW devs must have good, detailed, documentation for a quality analysis.  Please consider running the following Malwarebytes written data gathering Support Tool:

1.) Download arwlogs.exe to an Administrator desktop of the system in question.
2.) Right-click the arwlogs.exe icon and select "Run as administrator".  A zipped archive should soon be generated to the Administrator desktop.
3.) Rather than email the archive as the tool directs, please attach the archive to your next reply in this topic.

Although more data may be required, after the requested data is posted, the Malwarebytes' QA & Developer Teams, and staffers can commence their analysis.  Thank you always for your assistance.