Malwarebytes using 25% of CPU

I have Malwarebytes 2.2 Premium installed on my Windows 7 Home 64bit PC,  in the taskmanager the mbam.exe*32 process is always at 25% CPU.

I have 2 windows accounts, one is an Administrator account I use to install programs and change settings in windows, and I also have a Standard User account, which I use most of the time.

What should I do to stop mbam.exe from constantly using so much of the CPU ???

Forgot to add that the mbam.exe 25% CPU usage only happens when I'm logged in to the Standard User account, the Admin account is usually at 0%.

If I log in as the Standard User and then Switch Users to the Admin User account, I can see both accounts in the Taskmanager.

For the Standard User, mbam.exe is at 25% CPU, and for the Admin User, mbam.exe is at 0%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

I followed the instructions and used MBAM-CLEAN from this link Cake posted above.

But somehow I forgot to disable my Bitdefender TS 2015, so after I re-installed Malwarebytes, my Standard windows account was still at 25% all the time.

I re-read the mbam-clean instructions carefully, did everything again, making sure Bitdefender was completely disabled.

And this time it worked, now mbam.exe is at 0% in both my windows accounts.

Thanks Cake.