/Can I still get a DL Copy of mbam premium 1yr/3PC from another retailer offering it?

I was on New Eggs website 7/23/16 and they say claimed to have the 1yr/3PC deal for 24.99 until 7/25/2016.  Is this "Downloaded Key" a new key from Malware or do they have old stock with old premium keys that will still be honored through Malware Bytes.  I know even on your site it shows the packaging that says 1yr/3pc but through the forum someone posted this is not true unless bought before Sept 1, 2015.  I am a little hesitant that New Eggs Info Is correct? 

Hello and :welcome::

Thank you for your interest.

I do not work for Malwarebytes, so I cannot provide official advice about that particular offer.
We will need to wait for a staff member to weigh in.
>>It would probably help them to research it if you could please post the actual link to the item.

Until then, a few general observations:

• Historically, Newegg has been a reliable online source for Malwarebytes products with a good return/exchange/refund policy.
  • But, yes, official sale of 1-year, "up to 3 PC" licenses stopped nearly a year ago, at least from the Malwarebytes online store.
  • However, I recently spotted a BOXED CD product with combined MBAM Premium and MBAE Premium for 1-year for up to 3 PCs at a major brick-and-mortar computer store; so it's possible that similar offers are still available.

If you decide to purchase that item from Newegg, please be sure to keep robust records of the entire transaction, just in case.

Alternatively, you may wish to take advantage of the multi-PC AND 2-year discounts for license purchases directly from the Malwarebytes online store.

Thank you,

DDoc1,

Thanks as I was hoping a staff member would weigh in on this discussion...this is the link for new egg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832562006

If it gives a mbam key along with the invoice then I would suppose I could try to directly use the key and not get MBAM to generate another key of theirs to use and possibly only get 1 yr/1PC.  

On a different note...I also saw this deal on THEIR site with a sale for 29.99 instead of 39.99 for 3 pc/ 1 Yr.  When I go directly to the site it only shows 39.99 for 3PC/1yr but this seems to be from the same site unless it is a scam...  https://store.malwarebytes.com/342/?scope=checkout&id=mqXJnzrwB2&x-lae_vid=9268447233wx

http://buy.malwarebytes.com/us?c=cj&s=1807252&k=12563621&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=aff&utm_content=12563621&utm_campaign=AFF-CJ_1807252&tracking=cj

I am pretty cautious and do a little research if there are scams and it seems no matter what you ask of any malware, antivirus what have you...there are scammers.  This one very legit and from their website or partnersite?

Care to check it out and no I am not going to test your computer to see if it will catch malware from the links ;)

Thanks Doc,

Thanks for the info.

Please be patient -- it is the weekend.  The Marketing/Sales team may not be able to respond until Monday.
I will leave it to them to check out the links you posted.

There are promotions from time to time, even at the Malwarebytes online store. But "buyer beware" especially for products that are no longer offered. If a deal sounds "too good to be true", it often is. 

Ultimately, it's up to the buyer. 
Please be aware, however, that -- if you purchase from a source other than the Malwarebytes online store -- your primary (or only) recourse will be with that seller.
The safest way to go is either with a purchase from the Malwarebytes online store or perhaps with a boxed, sealed CD from a trusted seller.

Thanks again,

Edited by daledoc1
punctuation

Also...from new egg...no refunds...you buy...oh you buy..bye bye!  Alternatively for 5 dollars more and if the deal on MBMA site is the real deal for 29.99 3PC/1Yr then that what i will do.  I have exactly that many I need and MBAM Premium kicked this PUP called MPC (More Powerful Cleaners) butt but not before MPC kicked mine and then started to infect my machine pretty quick...all because I was impatient and didnt look for the right sites to unlock my sony xperia from Sonys support sites directions...go figure!

• Root Admin

I've asked Sales to weigh in but it's possible this is from some other partner of New Eggs that we may not have direct knowledge of. As you've mentioned, digital download software has no return from NewEgg.

From their policy :

If you are purchasing any of the following products, please see below for important disclaimers regarding each item type.

Disclaimer Table Of Contents

Open Box Product
Final Sales Product
Standalone Service
Downloadable Software
Digital Deliver Product
Cell Phone
Adobe Student Edition Software

Open Box Product

Open Box merchandise are products that have been purchased and delivered to other customers, and then returned to Newegg. Open Box products are sold considerably under cost. Newegg tests Open Box products for basic functionality only. Due to the varying quality of products returned to Newegg, Newegg makes every attempt to supply the original accessories for Open Box products. However, regardless of what the product description says, Newegg only guarantees that you will receive the product itself, accessories may or may not be included. Bear in mind that your open box product may not contain cables, adaptors, manuals, CDs, drivers, fans, etc. Additionally, the product may exhibit cosmetic imperfections as a result of its having been previously opened. Newegg will not send you any missing accessory, even if the accessory is required in order to properly make use of all the product’s advertised functions. While Newegg does not like to discourage sales, please purchase open box products only if you know how to deal with potential missing accessories.

Final Sales Product

Sales are final, no refund/exchanges/replacements.

Standalone Service

Proof of Purchase will be required in order to file a claim. Failure to provide proof of purchase will void coverage. Used products or products purchased more than 6 months ago are not eligible for Service Plans. ADH coverage must be purchased within 30 days of product purchase. Service Net reserves the right to cancel contracts (at a full refund to the customer) due to ineligibility.

Downloadable Software

Newegg Downloadable Software Policy:

• All sales of Downloadable Software applications are final.

• Newegg doesn’t accept returns of downloadable software.

• Please verify purchase quantity before proceeding.

Software may require you to use a computer or other device meeting minimum system requirements, and you are responsible for ensuring that your computer or device meets Software system requirements prior to purchase. Generally, Software system requirements are available on or from product detail pages. Once you have purchased a downloadable product, we encourage you to download it, if applicable, and to access it promptly to ensure that you have received it. You are responsible for downloading and confirming your ability to access software within thirty (30) days after purchase and bear all risk of loss thereafter, including any loss due to a computer or hard drive crashes. We will usually continue to make purchased software available in the Newegg Order History Page for additional activations or copies even after this thirty (30) day period, but we may, from time to time, remove without notice because of the Software provider's licensing restrictions or for other reasons. Newegg will not be liable to you if any Software is removed from the Newegg Order History Page or otherwise becomes unavailable for additional activation or copies. If you are unable to successfully download or access an Application after having reviewed our online help resources, please contact Newegg customer service.

Digital Deliver Product

Newegg Digital e-Gift Card/Credit Policy:

• All sales of Digital Gift Card/Credit are final.

• Newegg doesn’t accept returns of Digital Gift Card/Credit.

• Please verify purchase quantity before proceeding.

All sales of Digital E-Gift Card/Credit are final. We do not accept returns of Digital E-Gift Card/Credit. Once you have purchased a Digital E-Gift Card/Credit/Voucher, we encourage you to save the email. Newegg will not be liable to you for any stolen or misplaced codes. Codes are usually delivered in minutes or, at most, within 48 hours depending on additional order validation required by Newegg or your Credit Card company. If you are unable to successfully receive your code, please contact Newegg customer service.

This software sales link has been in effect since 2014 based on the reviews from 2014

• Return Policies
  • Return for refund within: non-refundable
  • Return for replacement within: non-replaceable

Based on that policy even if it is legit I'd still be a bit leery of purchasing any software with no possible return.

If this was Amazon I'd say it's not a valid sale for sure. However as daledoc1 has said, NewEgg has a pretty good reputation for all their sales so would seem odd for them to list it if they knew it was not valid.None the less I've asked Sales for advice on this.