Buying New License: does it change my settings?

• Root Admin

Here is the information from the Licensing FAQ

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/en/portal/topics/779551-license-renewal-faqs/articles?b_id=6438

After paying for the renewal, do I have to change something in my Malwarebytes product?

No. Another year will automatically be added to your original license for uninterrupted protection.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2322870-why-is-my-license-still-expired-after-i-paid-for-renewal-?b_id=6438

If you have further questions or issues you can contact the Helpdesk and they can assist you further.

Thank you.

Until @AdvancedSetup returns....

AFAIK If you have a current, valid subscription license, there is no need to buy a new license.:)

If you have a standard subscription license with auto-renewal, then your subscription will be automatically renewed.

If you have a subscription license without auto-renewal, then you can renew manually.

If, for some reason, you want to change to a different license, then just follow the steps you already mentioned, to "change license".  However, I do not think this is necessary, unless there is some problem with your existing subscription license. 

>>But changing or renewing a license ought to have NO impact on your MBAM settings.  In the worst case scenario, as with a clean reinstall, configuring MBAM takes about 2 minutes or less, especially if one uses the default settings.:)

If you need help with licensing, then I suggest that you might want to contact the Help Desk >>HERE<<.  They can better assist you with licensing issues, as they have access to account info, license info, activation servers, transaction info, etc.

Perhaps @AdvancedSetup will have additional clarification/advice for you.

Cheers,