Hdd cloning

Hello and welcome, @Gitaroo:

To be safe, it would probably be a good idea to do so.

Even cleaner -- if perhaps a bit of overkill -- would be to deactivate MBAM on the old HDD and then follow the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
(The only difference would be that you would reinstall on the new HDD, rather than on the old one.)

>>Be sure you have your MBAM license info handy before you start...

Cheers,

I think I should have been more clear. One of the reason why I upgrade the hdd is because I am close to running out of space. I am planning to upgrade the hdd then do a win 10 upgrade right away. Wonder that will affect anything. If things goes wrong I will pop my original hdd the clone it again to my nee drive.

Nothing has changed.  Same advice.  I wrote "... as far as the OS is concerned, you just have more free space."

After the larger hard disk has received the clone image, you can upgrade to Win10 in situ.  IFF there is a problem with Malwarebytes' software you can worry about it after Win10 is installed and all hardware has working and the system is quiescent.