Unable to remove PUP.Optional.Crossrider

Hi Guys

I have been unable to remove the above PUP for about a week now. I have premium Malwarebytes installed. It runs the scan, alerts of 2 instances of PUP.Optional.Crossrider and asks me to restart. I do this then they come back in the next scan, rinse and repeat.

I have run Farbar and have attached the 2 files.

Any help greatly appreciated.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on 51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
    chrdefaults:
    ipconfig /flushdns >>"%temp%\log.txt";b
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.

I don't think printing problem is Zoek related. One command wasn't executed properly, let's try again:

51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png Fix with ZOEK

icon_exclaim.gif This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. icon_exclaim.gif

Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on 51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    createsrpoint;
    chrdefaults;

• Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.

Edited by TwinHeadedEagle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!