Malwarebytes not loading with Windows 10

Hi,

I am using Anti-Malware Premium in 2 computers with windows10. The program in the 32bit computer loads ok at start up, while on the 64bit laptop has to be manually started even though I have set all the settings as described by Maurice.

I have put a short cut on the desktop for convenience while most times I simply put the laptop to sleep which maintains the program running.

Regards

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Let's try this first on the one that is having the issue....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs(the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about v2.2.1 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Let me update this thread:

Apparently, CryptoPrevent v7.4.21 (at the Default level of protection) is enough to prevent MalwareBytes Anti-Malware from installing properly.  This is something new with the Win10 AU installed as I have never had this problem before (with the default level of CryptoPrevent).  I wanted to let you know so that there is a direction to investigate in.

I have MBAM installed and it seems to be working properly so far.

Gotta update this one once again.  After having MBAM loading fixed (by removing the CryptoPrevent policies / rules) and the rootkit driver installed for scanning working, I enabled the Default level of rules in CryptoPrevent and now MBAM does not load at boot / system start at all.

• Root Admin

Hi @Doctor9fan

I would suggest starting your own topic so we can address your issues and see if we can get it fixed for you.

Run the FRST tool as described here and make a new topic and we'll check it out for you. Of course if you like you can also contact our Helpdesk and work with them via email if you like.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thanks

Just wanted to come back and update this thread; it now seems the MBAM Pro is loading and running fine with Win10 AU although I am at a loss as to what changed to let it load and run.  Please close this thread as solved but no real solution (it seems)>