Refund Scam

irocksixx

Watch out for googling "malwarebytes refund" because I did that to call and get a refund and when I called the number, someone in probably the country of India, answered and told me to go to just enter the word "syval" into google. It turned out to be a remote connector program and there is no reason for any company to get onto my computer to issue a refund. I hung up on him in addition to my computer telling me it would not run such program anyway. SO WATCH OUT GUYS!! 

I reported this to the FTC just now also.

http://guruaid.syval.net/

The above link is what that ended up on.

I had removed a bunch of viruses, purchased at a pawn shop but after all the repairs it still wouldn't open browser quickly and my boyfriend, whom I got it for, he said no way he is keeping it. Malware found over 6K things to remove and that is when I purchased the protection because I thought it would not remove them without it. I just wanted to make sure. But I don't have the computer now.

15 minutes ago, irocksixx said:

I purchased the protection because I thought it would not remove them without it.

You never have to purchase MBAM for it to do the removal.

16 minutes ago, irocksixx said:

purchased at a pawn shop

Ant computer purchased from one NEEDS/MUST have windows reinstalled.

17 minutes ago, irocksixx said:

But I don't have the computer now.

Are you planning to get another one? And putting the paid version on it to PROTECT it ?

34 minutes ago, irocksixx said:

Not on mine thanks. I like the program but if it removes all the stuff anyway then I don't need it. I was just trying to get the most protection for my boyfriends new computer. 

The FREE version offers NO protection.