Site safe?

Hello and welcome back:

According to VirusTotal, it appears to be clean:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/0eb1dabed968d1898d5018d324f5d40433462cc7e87817c48eb06a8be0902e5a/analysis/1471693354/

However, it's rather beyond the scope of this forum to rate websites as "safe" or not.
So the information about the VT analysis is provided "as is".;)

Before you install any of their products, you may wish to scan the executable file with MBAM (assuming it is a file type targeted by MBAM) and with your anti-virus and to submit the file to VT for analysis.

Cheers,

Edited by daledoc1
clarify

10 minutes ago, daledoc1 said:

Hello and welcome back:

According to VirusTotal, it appears to be clean:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/0eb1dabed968d1898d5018d324f5d40433462cc7e87817c48eb06a8be0902e5a/analysis/1471693354/

However, it's rather beyond the scope of this forum to rate websites as "safe" or not.
So the information about the VT analysis is provided "as is".;)

Before you install any of their products, you may wish to scan the executable file with your anti-virus and to submit the file to VT for analysis.

Cheers,

Hello and thanks daledoc,

just wanted to make sure since it's better to be safe than sorry. I didn't download anything from their site though. it seems it's just a "flash games" website advertised by msn. somewhat like friv. panicked their a little though since my AV "Mcaffee" the free AV for this unit acted up and warned me that "their might be trouble ahead". still, Thanks!

Every security application uses different engines, methods and databases to determine what is a "risk".

No two security programs will have the exact same detections.

McAfee is an anti-virus.
MBAM is an anti-malware.
They target different sorts of threats.  That's why it's important to use a layered approach to security.

If you are concerned that the site you reported MIGHT be distributing malware or malvertising and that MBAM is not detecting it as such, then you may wish to submit both the URL and the IP here in the Research Forum HERE.:)

The team will evaluate your submission to see if the site/domain/IP needs to be added to the MBAM blocklist.

Cheers,

Hi:

Yes, the PUP detections in your scan log are a different issue.

This pinned topic provides more information about PUPs: What are the 'PUP' detections, are they threats, and should they be deleted?

I would not want any of them on my system, but it's up to you.

If you think that the PUP detection by MBAM might be a False Positive, then I suggest that you might want to have a look at this pinned topic HERE, and then post the MBAM scan log in the File Detections False Positive sub-forum HERE.
The Research Team will evaluate the report to determine if the detection is appropriate or not.

Thanks again,