Anti-Ransomware very often does not let me sign into Windows

ToniDolphin

I've installed the latest Anti-Ransomware Beta and no problems getting the protection active. But ever since installing it have very often trouble signing into Windows after a reboot/restart. When this happens, either the screen turns black after signing in and stays that way or I get a message that I'm signed out of Windows because of problems. So, then every time those problems happen I either need to push the power button in the former case since nothing else is working or do a restart in the latter case.

For now I have uninstalled it and have no more those problems, but miss very much the protection.

What can be done to get this annoyance fixed since I'm very interested in Anti-Ransomware.

Hello ToniDolphin and :welcome:

Even though you might have tried left-clicking "Stop Protection" in the MBARW Beta Dashboard/GUI, let's see if any directories remained after the uninstall:

Using the native Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following 2, separate, .zip archive files for MBARW developer team analysis:

1. Create a .zip archive file (not .7z or .rar) of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
2. Create a separate .zip archive file (not .7z or .rar) of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the 2 .zip archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW Beta) project and your valued feedback.

43 minutes ago, 1PW said:

Hello ToniDolphin and :welcome:

Even though you might have tried left-clicking "Stop Protection" in the MBARW Beta Dashboard/GUI, let's see if any directories remained after the uninstall:

Using the native Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following 2, separate, .zip archive files for MBARW developer team analysis:

1. Create a .zip archive file (not .7z or .rar) of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
2. Create a separate .zip archive file (not .7z or .rar) of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the 2 .zip archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW Beta) project and your valued feedback.

A restart/reboot usually fixes the problem, but of course that's very annoying.

Hi Spam Hunters,

The archives are here. Thank you very much for looking into my boot issue. Meanwhile, I have reinstalled the Anti-Ransomware. The zip archives were done right after the re-installation.

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

logs.zip

I installed MBARW after a glowing recommendation from the Britec Computer website. But it gave me some problems.

If I change accounts on my W10 machine I often got  a "preparing windows" message which, if I wait long enough, then logs me in under a temporary profile. On another occasion the computer did a reboot.

I have temporarily uninstalled the program and now all is back to normal.

Hope this can be resolved as MBARW looks like it could be a very useful tool.

Today I rebooted the first time after the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware. I experienced the same issue. I got logged into a temporary account. I had to log out and log in again to get to my account. I disabled Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware and rebooted. This time I could log in directly. I ran a DISM because last time it showed an error when I ran it after disabling Anti-Ransomware. It displayed the same error again, something about a file missing. I attached the DISM log file FYI. But this error message disappears when running DISM while Anti-Ransomware is uninstalled, but pops up again when it is installed again.

Other attachments I included are zip archives of 

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

These zip archives are from AFTER DISABLING ANTI-RANSOMWARE so you can compare them with the previous.

I hope my information and files provided help in solving this problem.

Thank you!

dism.log

reboot after ransomware.PNG

reboot ransomware disabled first time error2.PNG

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

logs.zip

Edited by ToniDolphin

Hello ToniDolphin:

Thank you for the archives.  Let's see if MBARW Beta8 (v0.9.17.661) has resolved the issue.  Rather than a simple re-install of MBARW Beta7, please consider a clean install of MBARW Beta8:

1. Close all open user applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware through the Windows system Control Panel.
2. If MBARW Beta7 was uninstalled successfully, the following sub-directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows x64 system:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
                         C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually.  If necessary, any remaining/uninstalled directory must be deleted in the Windows Safe mode.
4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in through an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!
5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the New version - BETA 8 - now available! topic.
6. Right-click the saved MBARW_Setup.exe file and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpg  Run as administrator from the context menu and continue.
7. Upon a successful installation, please restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

Edited by 1PW