Trojan Triggered by MalwareBytes?

maxedair

Hi Everyone,

Not quite tech-savvy in the software department, but I am running Windows 10 and Windows Defender alerted me of a trojan detection called "dynamer!ac".

It also stated that action was taken to protect the PC and I later used Windows Defender to delete the trojan. Upon researching more on the trojan to find where it could've came from, I eventually stumbled into the following in my event logs:

Name: Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac
     ID: 2147684005
     Severity: Severe
     Category: Trojan
     Path: file:_C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-2553589373-1720336261-799273218-1001\$R2QG0D6.exe
     Detection Origin: Local machine
     Detection Type: Concrete
     Detection Source: Real-Time Protection
     User:---
     Process Name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

Can anyone help provide insight on the information provided? Is it a false positive considering it may have been triggered by Malwarebytes for whatever reason? It is also strange that the file path is in the recycle bin...

• Staff

Hi,

It looks like Windows Defender triggered this while you were doing a scan with Malwarebytes (while malwarebytes was enumerating folders as well). In this case, the file it triggered on is something you deleted already which is present in your recycle bin.

So you should be OK here - it was deleted already + now Windows Defender already deleted it from your recycle bin as well.

Hope this helps to understand what was going on :)

1 hour ago, miekiemoes said:

Hi,

It looks like Windows Defender triggered this while you were doing a scan with Malwarebytes (while malwarebytes was enumerating folders as well). In this case, the file it triggered on is something you deleted already which is present in your recycle bin.

So you should be OK here - it was deleted already + now Windows Defender already deleted it from your recycle bin as well.

Hope this helps to understand what was going on :)

Miekiemoes, thank you! Do you recommend that I change my passwords or anything?