Slim Cleaner

I have been using slim cleaner for years now and all of a sudden Malwarebytes is identifying it as a PUP. Why is this? I have never had an issue with it in all of the years that it has been on my system. I do not get any pop ups or ads or anything like many people have said that they are experiencing. Why is it identified as a PUP? 

Hello and Welcome!

Have a look at these topics/articles that explains what is probably going on in your case....

New Criteria for Detecting Potentially Unwanted Products (PUPs)

Blog Post: Malwarebytes gets tougher on PUPs

PUP Reconsideration Information How do we identify potentially unwanted software?

If you want it reconsidered and possibly report as a false positive you can start a new topic in the False Positives Section HERE

I'm glad that you said "probably" because none of the information that I was directed to supplied a legitimate answer. I carefully read all of the information contained in the articles or posts that I was directed to and it made me feel like I had posted a problem on the Microsoft site. I got a correct answer but not to the question I was asking. It seems that in order to answer the question with the true answer it would open a door to litigation. I love malware bytes and suggest it to everyone that has a computer but I do not understand why I cannot get a straightforward answer to my questions rather than a generic one. I had expected more of an intelligent and specific reply to my question. Regardless Malwarebytes is fantastic software at this time and I will keep using it till it does not do what it is supposed to do. Thanks anyway.....

I do not work for Malwarebytes so I can not speak on their behalf and hence why I said probably and pointed you to the articles that explains it.

For an answer better than that you would have to wait from someone from staff to reply, or someone from their legal team.

Lastly, if you feel it should not be detected as such, you can always report it as a false positive and there they could give you a definite answer as to why it is targeted or if it will be removed form being detected.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Firefox said:

I do not work for Malwarebytes so I can not speak on their behalf and hence why I said probably and pointed you to the articles that explains it.

For an answer better than that you would have to wait from someone from staff to reply, or someone from their legal team.

Lastly, if you feel it should not be detected as such, you can always report it as a false positive and there they could give you a definite answer as to why it is targeted or if it will be removed form being detected.

Thanks

Thank you.