My machine needs to be cleaned- very slow

Anne__Burns

Hello,

For whatever reason, my laptop has become very slow despite my best efforts to have a clean machine. If someone would be so kind as to help me with the usual software to be rid of whatever is slowing things down.

Anne 

• Root Admin

The logs show that your computer is having quite a few networking issues.

Who setup your network for you? Do you have your own router, or do you have one supplied by your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

The logs show it's having trouble obtaining the proper address. Internet Explorer keeps crashing too. 

Here are the main errors being reported that we need to look at fixing Ann, but need to know if you or a friend setup your network as it has a limited scope which is odd for a home user to do but quite possible that an ISP may run it like that if it's all their equipment.

System errors:
=============
Error: (11/14/2016 07:14:53 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7011) (User: )
Description: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the IPBusEnum service.

Error: (11/06/2016 07:54:14 PM) (Source: ipnathlp) (EventID: 30013) (User: )
Description: The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 192.168.0.11, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.137.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.

Error: (11/06/2016 07:54:14 PM) (Source: ipnathlp) (EventID: 1233) (User: )
Description: The ICS_IPV6 failed to configure IPv6 stack.

Error: (11/05/2016 05:51:00 PM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10010) (User: )
Description: The server {E10F6C3A-F1AE-4ADC-AA9D-2FE65525666E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Error: (11/05/2016 05:50:41 PM) (Source: ipnathlp) (EventID: 31004) (User: )
Description: The DNS proxy agent was unable to allocate 0 bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error.

Error: (11/05/2016 05:50:37 PM) (Source: ipnathlp) (EventID: 31004) (User: )
Description: The DNS proxy agent was unable to allocate 0 bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error.

Error: (11/05/2016 04:09:55 PM) (Source: ipnathlp) (EventID: 30013) (User: )
Description: The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 192.168.0.11, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.137.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.

Error: (11/05/2016 04:09:54 PM) (Source: ipnathlp) (EventID: 1233) (User: )
Description: The ICS_IPV6 failed to configure IPv6 stack.

Error: (11/03/2016 02:27:49 PM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10010) (User: )
Description: The server {E10F6C3A-F1AE-4ADC-AA9D-2FE65525666E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Error: (11/03/2016 02:06:00 PM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10010) (User: )
Description: The server {995C996E-D918-4A8C-A302-45719A6F4EA7} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The last time I needed help I got it from a Microsoft tech by remote to fix my not getting my security updates  I do recall something about MS's Defender reinstalled. 

Come to think of it, that is just about the time I started to have problems with the my laptop. I have my own router and use Comcast as my service provider. At this time, what can we do?     

Edited by Anne__Burns

• Root Admin

Yes, but we're working on your laptop. Can it be connected via a cable if needed?

I want you to do a factory reset of the router which could possibly need some setup to make wireless work again. Do you have the owner manual for your router?

I'll check back on you again sometime tomorrow.

Ron

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:20 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, but we're working on your laptop. Can it be connected via a cable if needed?

I want you to do a factory reset of the router which could possibly need some setup to make wireless work again. Do you have the owner manual for your router?

I'll check back on you again sometime tomorrow.

Ron

Hello Ron,

Please forgive my late reply. I have been sick in bed the. last couple of days or so. I will remove the router cable to the laptop tomorrow. What will the factory reset do to my machine?

Anne

Hello Kirkpatrick,

I am not having any heat issues. I suggest that you open a new topic.

Anne

13 hours ago, kirkpatrick said:

Did it not heated?? I'm starting to run very slowly when it begins to warm up much.