a program shows mbam tray.exe as a malware ?

@Gt-truth, can you give us some more details on the program in question? Can you post a screenshot? My guess is that program is producing a false positive, but with no additional details to work with right now, one can only guess.

28 minutes ago, AlexSmith said:

@Gt-truth, can you give us some more details on the program in question? Can you post a screenshot? My guess is that program is producing a false positive, but with no additional details to work with right now, one can only guess.

HI

in fact there are a security software and the others is non - security software . I will have you a few screenshot for not yet posted screenshot/not yet to reporting that scanner !

check your inbox :rolleyes:

CpWz_23900.png

CpWz_23995.png

Edited by Gt-truth

@Gt-truth looking at the screenshot you posted I do not see anything being flagged as malware. I also do not see a call out for mbamtray.exe. Are you getting additional screenshots for that?

EDIT: I see in my PM that you previously posted about a similar situation with Hitman Pro a couple of week ago. Did you mean to post more about that here?

Edited by AlexSmith

2 minutes ago, AlexSmith said:

@Gt-truth looking at the screenshot you posted I do not see anything being flagged as malware. I also do not see a call out for mbamtray.exe. Are you getting additional screenshots for that?

yes ! correct ! I will make a new screenshot right now ! but I have a problem with my capture software so I will uninstall it and re-install it ! :rolleyes:

Just now, Gt-truth said:

yes ! correct ! I will make a new screenshot right now ! but I have a problem with my capture software so I will uninstall it and re-install it ! :rolleyes:

You could always just use the Snipping Tool inside of Windows. Might be quicker/easier. Alternatively you could utilize Alt+PrintScreen then Paste in to Paint and save an image.

Edited by AlexSmith

3 minutes ago, Gt-truth said:

ok thanks I have make the screenshot

CpWz_23998.png

No problem on the tip. What program is this? Is it Crystal Security as well?

Edited by AlexSmith

2 minutes ago, Gt-truth said:

no . its other program .:rolleyes:

You know, it would help people a lot more if you stopped always saying "no its other program" and say the program's name instead. Without that information, nobody can help you. So when you ask for assistance, do it in a way where people actually have a chance to help you.

1 minute ago, Aura said:

You know, it would help people a lot more if you stopped always saying "no its other program" and say the program's name instead. Without that information, nobody can help you. So when you ask for assistance, do it in a way where people actually have a chance to help you.

well . some time we can’t let anybody in public forum what the name of software is was .so we didn’t got trouble !

... What kind of software prevents you from posting it's name on a public forum? I've never heard of that. If that's really the case, then there's nothing Malwarebytes can do about it. It's obviously the fault of the other program so send a ticket to the developer instead.

1 hour ago, Gt-truth said:

well . some time we can’t let anybody in public forum what the name of software is was .so we didn’t got trouble !

Without knowing what software is giving you trouble, there isn't anything we can really do for you. I would echo Aura's comment in that you should reach out to the developer of this mystery program for support.

From Kardo Krystal (Crystal Security dev):

Hi @Aura,

Thanks for the information.

I suggest to white-list whole Malwarebytes directory.

Launch Crystal Security

Go to Whitelist section

Right-click on empty area in Whitelist section

Choose: Add Folder to Whitelist

Locate the folder: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\ctlrupdate

Finally click OK to confirm

After that there should be no alerts about Malwarebytes updates.

There is also possible to white-list directory via Notification by clicking on Advanced options.

Can you please quote my suggestion? 

Regards,
Kardo

https://malwaretips.com/threads/crystal-security-3-5.32216/page-58#post-572340