Malwarebytes 3.0 is being a resource hog.

Hi inkoalawetrust,

On my PC MBAM is using even more recources (CPU, RAM) than on your machine. Yet I don't experience any slowdown. (Considering the recources looked at in this topic I'm not that surprised.)

My best guess would that Kingsoft and MBAM are clashing. For example Kingsoft and MBAM could be checking each other the entire time, racking up the queue for the HDD/SSD. I don't know what files need to be excluded/whitelisted at both MBAM and Kingsoft to get them to play nice but you start experimenting with that and see if it helps. On my computer Emisoft is told not to monitor any executable in the mbam progam folder and the mbam.sys driver (C:\windows\system23/drivers/mbam.sys) and MBAM told to ignore just 'n about every executable belonging to EAM. Could you fiddle with that and see if it solves your system slowdown?

In addition, could you take a look at what programs are trying to acces the hard drive and/or SSD? Maybe (another) program is adding to the queue when it shouldn't.

I don't consider myself an expert but this the best advice I can offer at this time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Durew

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2016 at 3:34 PM, Durew said:

Hi inkoalawetrust,

On my PC MBAM is using even more recources (CPU, RAM) than on your machine. Yet I don't experience any slowdown. (Considering the recources looked at in this topic I'm not that surprised.)

My best guess would that Kingsoft and MBAM are clashing. For example Kingsoft and MBAM could be checking each other the entire time, racking up the queue for the HDD/SSD. I don't know what files need to be excluded/whitelisted at both MBAM and Kingsoft to get them to play nice but you start experimenting with that and see if it helps. On my computer Emisoft is told not to monitor any executable in the mbam progam folder and the mbam.sys driver (C:\windows\system23/drivers/mbam.sys) and MBAM told to ignore just 'n about every executable belonging to EAM. Could you fiddle with that and see if it solves your system slowdown?

In addition, could you take a look at what programs are trying to acces the hard drive and/or SSD? Maybe (another) program is adding to the queue when it shouldn't.

I don't consider myself an expert but this the best advice I can offer at this time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Durew

its definetely not that because kingsoft is disabled (or about as disabled as  i can get it to be without uninstalling it) i didint even install it