Error 732

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI. I had the same error code 732 (0,0) when trying to update.

The IE8 install removes the automatic configuration checkbox from the LAN properties dialog of "Internet Options"

Once I re-checked that box, MalwareBytes was able to update again.

Interesting that my IE7 does not have a check in the automatic config box, but I can still update. Perhaps this is handled a little differently in IE7.

I'll put up a pinned topic with some instructions on how to check this, and hopefully this will help some of our users having this issue. Thanks for letting us know.

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I have error when I try to update MBAM : 732 (0,0)

I tryed to reinstal MBAM but that did'nt fixed the problem.

I'm using MBAM 1.39 in french. Data base 2421

Many thanks for your hints.cure for error 732?

I am running windows xp, and I found that as soon as I received the 732 error message I quickly as possible clicked on "check for updates" again. After doing this 3 or 4 times, it finally updated successfully! Don't know if it will work for you. First time poster. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
FYI. I had the same error code 732 (0,0) when trying to update.

The IE8 install removes the automatic configuration checkbox from the LAN properties dialog of "Internet Options"

Once I re-checked that box, MalwareBytes was able to update again.

THANK YOU!

I thought I had an infection preventing updates. Your solution did the trick.

• 1 month later...

FYI... I found that I had to uncheck the "Use proxy server for your LAN" in IE8 on a XP system (see attached screen shot). This seemed to be the cause of me not being able to do updates on MBAM & SAS. :)

I originally started looking at firewall (both physical and software) and AV, but stopping these did nothing to resolve the issue.

post-35292-1268097553_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to mention another possible simple solution to this one. I was having this issue on a new install of Malwarebytes on a computer that had been infected, including a patched mouclass.dll file. Nasty little bugger that kept adding a proxy. When I finally got rid of that issue I still had this problem. To solve it I simply went into the device manager and uninstalled the network card, then did a scan to allow the computer to find and reinstall it. After that, worked perfectly for a program update, then, after a reboot, again for a definitions update. Might be a quick and simple fix for some.

• 3 months later...
i would say just uninstall MBAM and download a new one. You will be able to update it. i was getting the same error but i reinstalled a new one and now the update works. i hope that helps

This is a very old topic. The user's who posted here previously were getting the 732 error for different reasons. :P

I also receive error 732 when attempting to update.

MBAM Version: 1.42

No AV Software Installed

Windows Firewall OFF

No ports blocked on router

No proxy

When I attempt to update, I see (using Fiddler) an attempt to connect to http://mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org/news/news.txt that results in a 404. I am able to ping the server successfully. If I open http://mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org in a web browser, I can at least get a 403, which indicates that I could connect to the server.

Opening http://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/v0/database/version.check in my browser window results in this being shown: 4678

Any advice is appreciated.

___PING RESULTS___

D:\Users\xxxxx>ping mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org

Pinging mwbyte.vo.llnwd.net [208.111.128.7] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 208.111.128.7: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=55

Reply from 208.111.128.7: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=55

Reply from 208.111.128.7: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 208.111.128.7:

Packets: Sent = 3, Received = 3, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 18ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 19ms

@ FatNoah

your Malwarebytes is out of date, were up to version 1.46 And you have no AV software! thats a prob! Download Avira or Avaist Free version

error 732 instructions

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

[*]Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel

[*]Click on Programs and Features

[*]Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

[*]Restart your computer very important

[*]Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

[*]It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important

[*]After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

[*]Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version

[*]Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Once again, please note that this is an old topic and the users who were asking for help in it were experiencing error code 732 for a completely different reason than anyone in the past 6 months.

If you are getting error code 732, then please click here to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (such as Download.com and MajorGeeks) so that you may download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. This will fix the error.