Suggest fixes to be incorporated into MBAM .

This thread will be for suggesting fixes/functions that you would like MBAM to be able to perform .

Malware related fixes (broken safemode , broken system restore ...) will be added first but non malware related ones (broken recycle bin , broken associations) will also have a place in MBAM .

Suggest away , if its a common problem then a fix for it will likely be added .

Hi Bruce, hi everyone,

Sorry, it's not a fix that I would like to suggest but I don't know where to write it!

If you want aside-tools, why not give some functions like those we can find in AVG-AntiSpyware?

(I have the French labels and just try to translate into English)

- Processes and the possibility to stop them

- Connections

- Automatic starts and the possibility to remove

- Navigator Plugins and explanations and the possibility to delete

- LSP and explanations

I think it's not a problem for you to get these objects and provide users with interesting functions.

... or those we can find in Ad-Aware 2007:

- Process Watch

- Hosts File Editor

- Plugins

- TrackSweep (Cache, Cookies, History, Last Typed URLs, Clean Tabs)

... or Spybot Search and Destroy

... or SUPERantiSpyware (as far as I know, there are many fixes in it!)

I have one you should think about adding its called Free Registry Defrag, after removing malware, spyware and so on......

espiacialy from the registry you leave gaps in the registry. this will comact and defrag the registry to also help performance.

I use all the time on mine and my customers machine.

I have one you should think about adding its called Free Registry Defrag, after removing malware, spyware and so on......

espiacialy from the registry you leave gaps in the registry. this will comact and defrag the registry to also help performance.

I use all the time on mine and my customers machine.

IMO screwing with the registry is something we won't be doing .

We will be concentrating on fixes for system problems caused by malware and fixes for common problems that have nothing to do with malware .

Most importantly these fixes will be of the type that they either fix a problem or do nothing if the problem does not exist .

We don't want fixes that could potentially prevent a system from rebooting .

- I would -indeed- like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) to (re-)register dll's (but it would also warrants a separate program)

- MBAM should have a section (?) that lists the targets it detects and deletes

The work we do with GUIDs effectively unregisters every dll it detects by either MD5 and/or GUID .

To register good dlls is not a big deal at all , the commands are simple . I assume you are thinking about something like dialafix , an app that I use all the time at work because it is indeed very useful .

I see no reason to to have these fixes added .

The list of targeted malware will be something added at some point . I just have no time for it yet and removal has a way higher priority at this point .

• 1 month later...

Hosts file resetter/editor, Startup manager, Web history cleaner, File checksum tool, Rebooting tool (To choose which mode to boot into, etc.)

Also, a tool to monitor changes to the registry and file system would be very nice. (Example, they could launch the file/registry monitor and it will list changes that occured after they opened the monitor.)