Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heafy

What Does Malwarebytes remove?

5 posts in this topic

Sorry that I sound like a noob, but what does malware include? Does Malware contain Spyware, if so do i need to run another program along side with malwarebytes (i have the pro version) :(

Basically, MBAM is intended to complement antivirus software.

What exactly they cover nowadays, perhaps some staff member will tell :( Last time I heard of it, it was malware not that well detected by AV software. This would cover adware/spyware and so on.

Basically, MBAM is intended to complement antivirus software.

What exactly they cover nowadays, perhaps some staff member will tell :( Last time I heard of it, it was malware not that well detected by AV software. This would cover adware/spyware and so on.

Alright, thanks a bunch all I needed to know was that it removed spyware, thanks.

See here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

(...)Whether you know it or not your computer is always at risk of becoming infected with viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and malware that are constantly evolving and becoming harder to detect and remove.(...)

The term 'malware' is short for malicious software. The name of our company 'Malwarebytes' is a humorous way of saying that malware sucks, but substituting the technical term 'bytes' (a unit of measure for data) in place if the English slang term 'bites'. Our product is named "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" because it is a utility designed to detect and remove malware.

While malware is any software with malicious intent, we have two main focus areas here:

1) Rogue anti-virus, anti-spyware, and system maintenance software where the purpose is to scare users into buying the software by producing false positives to shock users with the number of things that were found, and do not produce a log of detected items for expert analysis. This is not just questionable marketing, but is in fact quite fraudulent, and we wish to protect users from it.

2) Trojans that most other software (especially anti-virus software) either cannot detect, or cannot remove.

Of course, we do not stick strictly to those focus areas, and we will put anything in the database that is current and that real users will run across in the real world.