Browser only works in safe mode

• Staff

Hi,

My apologies for the delay.

It's installed so I own a licence and shouldn't have to pay for another one...right?
You would think that would make sense... :D

Grab a CD from a friend and use your key if you format.

Something else to try before you do. Go back into MSConfig, and instead of clicking Startup, click Services. Click Disable All, then OK.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

-screen317

The saga continues...

I found out this desktop has a way to restore to the original factory default image. So I did that and all the problems went away except one. The OS continues to randomly freeze up which requires you to power down to reboot. When it freezes the cursor still moves but nothing responds to it, CTL+ALT+DEL does nothing, and if you click around enough you'll eventually get an endless beeeeeeep until you kill the power.

It always chokes when downloading from Vuze or doing a Spybot S&D scan. But on the otherhand, you could be running nothing at all, leave the computer on over night and by morning it will be locked up.

I though it was hardware releated so I dusted off the motherboard, verified the CPU fan was working, replaced the power supply, ran memory & CPU tests. I've run out of ideas. Let me know if you can think of anything else to try and if not, that's ok. I would just like to say, thank you very much for your time.

• Staff

I do have an idea.

Please reboot to Safe Mode (tap the F8 key just before Windows starts to load and select the Safe Mode option from the menu).

Use the computer normally in Safe Mode, and see if the freezing still occurs.

Also try the MSConfig disabling for Startup and Services, then use the computer in Normal Mode to see if the freezing continues.

-screen317

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!