Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
profbob

using Malware on external hard drive

3 posts in this topic

I am using the free version of Malware and when running it I uncheck C drive and check F drive (my external HD).

When it starts running, it starts checking the C drive again (which I had already done).

Is purchasing the full version going to allow me to check the external HD?

It is not designed to check an external drive in that sense unless there is active Malware on it and it points back to it in the running Registry of the current Operating System. If you're looking for a scanner to detect dormant Malware or Virus then you should be looking at an Anti-Virus product which is what they're designed for.

We will always scan most sections of the current operating system since that is how and where active Malware resides. There are some options you can review and turn off if you don't want them scanned, but again, scanning an external drive for Malware is better left to a full Anti-Virus product.

It is not designed to check an external drive in that sense unless there is active Malware on it and it points back to it in the running Registry of the current Operating System. If you're looking for a scanner to detect dormant Malware or Virus then you should be looking at an Anti-Virus product which is what they're designed for.

We will always scan most sections of the current operating system since that is how and where active Malware resides. There are some options you can review and turn off if you don't want them scanned, but again, scanning an external drive for Malware is better left to a full Anti-Virus product.

OK, Thanks for the info.