RubbeR DuckY

IOBit Steals Malwarebytes' Intellectual Property

143 posts in this topic

My Mother told me that I should never steal what does not belong to me. I loved my Mother, when she was alive, and I still love him and thank him for all his advices!

I'm with you Marcin; look on Sysinternals thread 'Theft of Malwarebytes'database: IMMORAL, ILLEGAL!' here: http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20958

With Kindest Regards,

PROROOTECT

;) You guys get my full support I used to use Iobit 360 but since i have been using your database without knowing it in 360 i have uninstalled all iobit software.... and bought yours looking forward to using it for a long time... yours former Iobit user.........

Talk to Eric and Suzi, get it on the rogue list.

If such happens, it could be targeted by tons of scanners as a rogue tool and removed as such.

I have added my rating to WOT and sent emails to several of the sites hosting it.

Unbelievable ;)

I've been following the developments since the beginning, and I am shocked.

I'm an MBAM user but not affiliated with them, and I make my judgements based on logic and evidence.

The evidence by the MBAM team is very strong, on the other hand I haven't seen any clear and logical explanation provided by IObit, not on their blog and not on their forums.

They pretend that it was some minor mistake by unexperienced staff. -> Not credible, and doesn't explain anything.

They have uploaded new screenshots to prove that those files are not detected with the same name anymore. -> Doesn't explain anything.

What is shocking me now, is that apparently (according to their own words), they have now publicly provided real, active malware to download from their blog (in the Declaration text at the bottom part).

First of all, what kind of practice is this? ;)

Second, what do they want to prove with it?

And, what can be done to force them to take it off? I'm really worried that some curious readers will download it.

After seeing all evidence posted from both parties, my support goes to the MBAM team.

In case they're not up to speed, it may worth contacting 'Pc Advisor' mag as they have on a number of occasions featured trials and promo's of IOBit stuff with positive

write-ups.

Talk to Eric and Suzi, get it on the rogue list.

If such happens, it could be targeted by tons of scanners as a rogue tool and removed as such.

The rogue list is no longer being updated. It hasn't been since 2007 as is noted at the top of the page.

The rogue list is no longer being updated. It hasn't been since 2007 as is noted at the top of the page.

It's a full time job keeping on top of all of the rogues. It's hard for volunteers to maintain such a list these days.

14ngrrk.jpg

LOL, nice picture from downloadsquad. Seriously though, what a thieving lot those culprits at IOBit are. I don't know how they thought they'd get away with it.