IOBit

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I would be happy if IOBit would just admit that they have done this, and then pay restitution to the companies that they have stolen from. Not just us, but all of the others as well.

At best I think you "may" get an admission of some sort (but not a guilty one) - I can hear them now saying that they were just covering themselves in case there was another suspected malware threat out there that had been detected (even if it was false) - :)

After reading this for several days I fully agree with Marcin/Malwarebytes/ (and any other companies involved)/ having a case against IObit, BUT as a Chinese based company, they will never give in financially :) - A court case is never going to occur in the next year as they will clamp up and only agree to a Chinese court (at best) and then, challenge any decision if it gets that far -

It would be good, as GT500 says that they at least admit to anything - :)

Sorry to seem a bit negative :) , but reality will take over, and we must just accept they are scammers from another country (not Nigeria this time) -

@ mbyuser - Me too - It was a waste of space - I had a thread in another area questioning this program and it was shown by several to also be a waste of space -

They shall be bound to a wooden cross with their faces raised toward heaven. And whilst still alive be dealt twelve blows with an iron rod breaking the joints of their arms, their shoulders, their hips, their legs.

They shall then be raised up to hang until dead and all customary acts of mercy are expressly forbidden to the executioner!

This argument does not hold water.

Aaaaand I thought this expression is only used in my country :)

Ah, I see where some sites have removed all IoBit products, others only the Virus program. I have called for the removal of all IiBit products, IMHO a thief is a thief and what product was or was not involved is just splitting hairs. I go so far as to say I hope all people boycott IoBit products and avoid using sites who will not go the full distance in removing all IoBit products.

Thanks

Wildman

Just to let you know, there's alot of suspicious shills over at Web Of Trust pumping back up Iobit's ratings.

Simply based on previous volume statistics of WOT reports on Iobit, the new positive reports are a virtual flood, of course, so are the deserved negative ones.

Zap :)

Well IObit have taken the download off of there own website now: http://www.iobit.com/security360.html?Str=download Note:"Updating.....new version available soon" If that's not an admission of guilt then I don't know what is.

Although it looks like you can buy the pro version and feel like putting money in there criminal pockets, if you're a sucker that is: http://www.iobit.com/is360upgrade.html

Keep up the good fight MBAM and thanks for your great software!

There ain't enough digital kitty litter in cyberspace to cover up the stinky pile they made. :)

I pray that Malwarebytes goes ahead with a suit, or at least contacts their department of state (I was going to say the US State Dept. But honestly, I have no clue where Malwarebytes' home is), show the evidence, and perhaps it will be useful in levying sanctions against China for their known rampant piracy and lack of care regarding allowing cybercrime outfits to operate within their borders.

Zap :blink:

Hi,

I follow both threads since they started and have to say that I am really angry and confused about IObit.

Just wanna let you know that the german community will stand behind you :blink:. We have put this in our news, you can see it here ( in german ):

http://www.hijackthis-forum.de/showthread.php?p=276725

I have also talked with a few people from german download portals, they discuss now to take out IObit from there lists.

regards,

Thomas

Okay. my neck is going out on a limb, but here goes. I say it is just not enough to pull only the Virus program from IoBit, but rather all, repeat all of their products should be pulled. IMHO a thief is just that, and what product was or was not involved is nothing more than splitting hairs. As some may or may not know, I asked MajorGeeks to do that, they replied (Tim) that they were friends of both Malwarebyres and IoBits and that I did not know the full facts. I have asked a few times now, and I ask again, "what exactly are they talking about"? I see where MajorGeeks still has IoBit products on it's lists, however the Virus one does seem to have been blocked. I am now asking all to not only boycott IoBit, but also to not utilize MajorGeeks.

Thanks

Wildman