Malwarebytes Not Responding

I have recently run a quick scan and full scan. Malwarebytes immediately detects 5 infected objects prior to being unresponsive. As soon as the program begins "Performing extra & heuristics scan", another infected object is detected and the program is unresponsive. Malwarebytes' scans cease to work and no other objects are scanned, time elapsed freezes and I'm unable to click pause or abort scan. I'm prompted to close the program and no logs are saved. I have included a screenshot of malwarebytes not responding.

I've performed successful scans in the past and it has been only recently that this problem has risen. I have other programs that have been set to allowing access to malwarebytes.

I would greatly appreciate any solutions to this problem that can be provided, thank you.

post-26069-1259547294_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Bumping your topic makes it seem like you are already being helped, and as you've noticed, you were overlooked because of it.

Please reboot to Safe Mode (tap the F8 key just before Windows starts to load and select the Safe Mode option from the menu). Try running a Quick Scan with MBAM now; see if it will produce a log.

Next, reboot back into Normal Mode, then download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post the one that is not minimized.

-screen317

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!