Dennis Guscott

Compatability with Norton Antivirus

7 posts in this topic

hello Dennis and welcome to the forums here! :)

I believe that Norton is generally compatible, yes :)

You may need to add some exclusions, though.

This found in the first part of the link I gave you below:

ISSUE: I have an Anti-Virus/Internet-Security other than TrendMicro and McAfee

Here are links to assist with Kaspersky: Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

SOLUTION: Check your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security application to see if you can add exclusions for specific applications/files to ignore. You may need to contact their technical support or check their support website for instructions. You will need to set your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security to ignore/exclude the following files:

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Please check out the link here for info on that and lots of other things too!

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, and someone will be able to help you :)

MBAM is compatible with Norton Antivirus, including the 2010 version. One of my desktop's OS have Norton installed on it and MBAM works fine alongside it.

i also have norton installed on 3 pcs and no problems.version 2009 and 2010 havent even had to exclusions list

i also have norton installed on 3 pcs and no problems.version 2009 and 2010 havent even had to exclusions list

Does that apply to both the free and paid versions of MBAM?

I also have Norton 2010 (anti-virus only, and not their full-blown security suite) and the freebie version of MBAM on my desktop, and just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

I also have Norton 2010 (anti-virus only, and not their full-blown security suite) and the freebie version of MBAM on my desktop, and just wanted to be sure.

Also, should I consider adding anything else, such as PSI Secunia, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, or something else, since several posters have several security-related programs on their computers?

Thanks!

Yes , both are suitable for use with Nortons products - If you ever have a problem just post a new topic and we can always advise you -

Some of these (PSI Secunia, Spybot, Spyware Blaster) can be over kill but it depends on your browsing habits -

I only use Malwarebytes , Microsoft Security Essentials and SUPERAntiSpyware (backup on call) and find this is plenty -

Thank You - :lol: