GJT

What do I need to do?

11 posts in this topic

Hi

Just after some advice :D I had a number of Trojan virues on my laptop last night along with other viruses. I kept getting a note to download McAfee but you needed to pay online. I found it a little odd - as I have McAfee! Unfortunately, my McAfee didn't pick up anything, and thank God I have Malwarebytes, so I ran a number of scans which identified and got rid of the lot. Only for it :)

Is there a Malwarebytes product that can pick up threats when they come in. The one I have has to be run, if that makes sense!

Cheers,

G

You could just purchase Malwarebytes with real-time protection

Paid Malwarebytes will check for known infected files when they are accessed or moved or copied etc

Although the malware can still come, that's where it stops :D

Welcome to the forum GJT -

You were lucky to pick this up as the scam it is - As you noted even the scammers are using 'real' names in their efforts to drag a few dollars out of us unsuspecting fools - Thank you for telling us about this as many others will now see it and not be caught out by it -

As kimsland said the paid version of malwarebytes is your next step up - It is a one time , lifetime payment , for each computer you run and you can take it forward and register your next new computer if you get another new one -

On the bottom of the Malwarebytes screen display you will see a box marked Purchase - If you click on this it will lead to a link where it will show how you can purchase it -

US$24.95 by credit card / pay pal / cheque etc. Per license and all other details you need to know are there (even if you live across the world) -

Thank you for your interest - :D

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I had a look at the 'purchase' section and will get that done tonight! It was a definate scam - my laptop was riddled with viruses and a convenient product available for sale, just didn't make sense..

Anyway, cheers again to you both for your advice :D

G

The software mentioned in this post violates the EULA's of the anti-virus software it bundles, and it has been removed. Please make sure that software you are recommending on our forum does not violate the EULA of any software, ours or someone else's.

Thank you.

-Arthur

@ MAM -

As stated clearly by kimsland, even Avira, and several other types of A/V programs offer a similar rescue disk setup -

They are related to the other types of antivirus products available - None are related to MBAM type setups - :D

Thank you :)

Today I was looking for the download site for MBAM free to send to my daughter.

I googled and various links came up. One looked like MBAM and I clicked on it. I am running MBAM in real time, and it immediately blocked the site as malicious.

When I examined the site link carefully I noticed it was not exactly Malwarebytes but a slightly different name..

It is my opinion that MBAM saved me from an infection, and from having to clean the computer. MBAM is one application that I am not going to ditch, and if by chance it conflicts with my AV I'll ditch the AV. So far it is running well with Kaspersky.

Regards,

Jerry

Hi JerryM -

The most used download area at the moment are C Net downloads - We know this download is clean and free -

You will also find a few other sites listed, including malwarebytes.org - Please select one that suits you -

Please keep some form of A/V on your system even if you run Avira AntiVir free -

Thank you for passing the good info on - :D

I would like to understand why my software violates rules EULA. If my software violates them, also violates them Bart's PE's, winbuilder and all scripts use.

My software doesn't change or modify or edit any file, does no reverse engineering, don't download or distributes nothing illegal. My software copy only all files in a folder and make a file cfg with the path for boot.

Davide Costa

I would like to understand why my software violates rules EULA. If my software violates them, also violates them Bart's PE's, winbuilder and all scripts use.

My software doesn't change or modify or edit any file, does no reverse engineering, don't download or distributes nothing illegal. My software copy only all files in a folder and make a file cfg with the path for boot.

Davide Costa

This does not need to be discussed in three places. :)

I am locking this topic to keep the conversation contained to the topic where I posted the EULA that was violated.