BigSeekPro

JigSAW

When I open up Internet Explorer it comes up with this weird toolbar called BigSeekPro. I think it came with a HyperCam program. I found the file of BSP and I deleted it but it's still there.Im not sure if it's a type of malware but I just want to be sure. Can anyone help me remove this?

Hi JigSAW -

First look in > Control Panel > Add Remove > Delete it if it is there -

Next look in Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer) > My Computer > Local Disc (your HDD) > Program files - See if it is listed and Right click / Delete -

Then Update and run Malwarebytes to ensure it was not an infection -

In case it is still there and is an active infection we don't work on detailed Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Thank you - :D

• 1 year later...

Hi JigSAW,

Its not maleware but simply a toolbar that is indicated in the Hypercam installation process and that can easily be removed by uninstalling "HyperCam Toolbar" from the Control Panel>Programs> folder and restarting the browser. When accepting the Homepage change, you may need to change it back manually from the browser Tools>Options window.

Please note that the toolbar enables users to control the hypercam software directly from the browser (which is useful). Users can also choose to install the paid version of Hypercam 3, which does not include the toolbar.

Sincerely, Dan

When I open up Internet Explorer it comes up with this weird toolbar called BigSeekPro. I think it came with a HyperCam program. I found the file of BSP and I deleted it but it's still there.Im not sure if it's a type of malware but I just want to be sure. Can anyone help me remove this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hoh no. PLEASE do not ignore. I was so dumb to go with HyperCam for desktop recording. I'd see everywhere HyperCam is being used but it's awful.

It took allll the way to now. I'm on 7 64-bit. And so, it blocks me from the net. I have to use Safe Mode to go online. It's not a hardware problem, it's the Toolbar that I never saw.

I'd switch User, one that's NEVER used, and saw the infection. I use Firefox, 7, I thought I was fine.

I'd go thru my registry, found 240-something matches for HyperCam, then just now back down to 52. All related to the Toolbar.

I've installed, updated Malwarebytes, and it takes an hour to scan everything. Does it seek the registry ? Because it finds no infections.

I look at all the HyperCam matches in my registry. I badly want to delete them all, but afraid I could total my system. Thanks much.

hi mistamontiel and welcome to the forums ,

if you think you are infected go here :

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=9573

do what the instructions say to the best of your abilities .

start a new topic and post your information as indicated (in the HJT section) .

do what the helper tells you to do .

edit :

(i see that mistamontiel is in the hjt section)

Edited by CWB