Update button greyed out?

Welcome pyran67 -

I have just updated on my computer and this did not appear to happen - (also just checked the tab now and it was OK)

I assume you are using the free vesion (my last update 2 hours ago was OK) -

Can you please reply with the current Version Number you have listed - (Mine shows Version 3406) -

Although this may be hard if you cannot hit the update button - You can try via, Start > Programs > Malwarebytes and see if that way gets in better -

Thank you - :D

Welcome pyran67 -

I have just updated on my computer and this did not appear to happen - (also just checked the tab now and it was OK)

I assume you are using the free vesion (my last update 2 hours ago was OK) -

Can you please reply with the current Version Number you have listed - (Mine shows Version 3406) -

Although this may be hard if you cannot hit the update button - You can try via, Start > Programs > Malwarebytes and see if that way gets in better -

Thank you - :)

Ok, so I'm an idiot *LOL* I wasn't running it as an administrator...as soon as I did that it worked fine

thanks for the reply...

• 2 months later...

Do you have to be an Administrator to check for updates?

And, do you have to be an admin to auto update?

The reason I ask is that I have installed the program as admin, but our users run as "standard users" in Vista Business 64bit.

I have installed the "registered" version last Friday and set it to check for updates at 11:00AM.

I just checked that computer and no updates have occurred since 3/5/2010 and the "Check for Updates" button is grayed out?

Thanks