Manual database update

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Receive free version. I say that the bases are downloaded, but the release date database does not change. For example, I have a base of 10 September version of 2775. I want to upgrade. Downloading. But the release date as the bases was on Sept. 10 and stayed and stayed version 2775. And the strange message "Database successfully updated from version 2775 to version 2775. It's like something is not logical. If it is updated, it is not on the old. Wash bug in the program. Date must be changed.

Server jumps connects normally.

It sounds like you are running Windows Vista or 7 and you need to run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as Administrator (right click on shortcut to MBAM, select 'Run as Administrator') in order to update properly. Let me know if this doesn't make sense or does not work.

Take care,

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm not pretty surprised. The Chinese are well known for their copyright acts. I mean if you go to China Town in NYC, you see so many cheap 99 cent action figures that are copied. For instance, Power Rangers is renamed to Super action Warriors. -.- I used to use Iobit alot however Advanced System Care was too glitchy. I asked them to fix this bug but they don't care. Iobit Security 360 never made me feel safe. >:) I remember one time they posted on their site something about being featured on the New York Times, Wall street Journal, and Forbes. I checked those websites and there is nothing on their about Iobit. Flase Positives? Seductive Ads? ...... Now Iobit is going down the wrong path. Their reputation has dropped tremendously. :) Good for them. Cheaters don't win in life. xD I just wished the world would just get along. If SAS, MBAM, AVAST, and Iobit teamed up, they would make the most powerful antispyware program ever!!!! However that will never happen. xD

Well I'm not pretty surprised. The Chinese are well known for their copyright acts. I mean if you go to China Town in NYC, you see so many cheap 99 cent action figures that are copied. For instance, Power Rangers is renamed to Super action Warriors. -.- I used to use Iobit alot however Advanced System Care was too glitchy. I asked them to fix this bug but they don't care. Iobit Security 360 never made me feel safe. >:) I remember one time they posted on their site something about being featured on the New York Times, Wall street Journal, and Forbes. I checked those websites and there is nothing on their about Iobit. Flase Positives? Seductive Ads? ...... Now Iobit is going down the wrong path. Their reputation has dropped tremendously. :) Good for them. Cheaters don't win in life. xD I just wished the world would just get along. If SAS, MBAM, AVAST, and Iobit teamed up, they would make the most powerful antispyware program ever!!!! However that will never happen. xD

oh darn. i am new to the forums. I wanted to comment on the situation with Iobit and MBAM. SRRY!!! :S I wrong topic. xD SRRY!!!

• 2 months later...

Is there a newer rules.exe download address, or is it best to get the rules.ref from another system burn to CD, to avoid flash memory contamination?

Can I run the Mbam-rules.exe in safe mode from a CD on a WinXP system to get it installed?

I am not able to get the malwarebytes to run in normal mode, one of the malware infections popup and tells me malwarebytes is infected. I had task manager running and it also disappeared can not get it to run again...

I only have a Linux operating system running at the moment. I wish there was a Linux Malwarebytes scanner for stupid people like me that forget WinXP, and Win7 are attacked often with drive by malware...

JR

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

It would be best to update from a working computer and burn the rules to a CD.

If you need help you can post in the HJT forum.

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org