"Run-time Error '9' - Subscript out of range"

• Root Admin

Hi there.

Are you sure the version is 1.42 with the latest database file?

Current database rules are: 3417

Please try to launch the program and go to the update tab and check for updates. If it will not update or it will not run then let us know.

What Anti-Virus program are you running? Have you looked at adding our program to the file exclusions of your Anti-Virus.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10138

Maybe I can add to the problem description as I have been trying to overcome this issue also.

I am working on removing a rootkit. It did block the Malwarebytes executable install, so I downlaoaded and installed using the randomized file name. Updates through earlier today are installed. Running in safe mode without networking as Malwarebytes hung (or appeared to) in normal mode.

I believe Safe Mode should keep Malwarebytes from being interfered with by my other malware utilities.

Reading another post, I deleted all .dll files from the system32 directory that were younger than 30 days. That did not solve the Error 9 problem.

Running a full scan, the Error 9 message appears after 3306-3888 objects have been scanned, always when scanning a .dll file in the system32 directory, and always when the number of objects infected is 12.

I tried deleting the file being scanned each time the program aborted. Roughly 30 times. Some required File Assassin to delete, with or without reboot. Most but not all are Windows system files. Fortunately Windows seems to be robust enough to replace the critical files when deleted, such as vga.dll.

At this point I'm reconsidering the logic of my approach in trying to force Malwarebytes to continue by deleting files. Could be that it's the next file to be scanned that's infected rather than the one I'm deleted, don't know.

Looking for someone more familiar with this issue than me to provide guidance.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Cinquefoil -

Please note this is directed only to you as AdvancedSetup has responded to the top question which may be caused by other problems - Unless he wishes to add more to this - Your problems seem to be very deep and unless you fully know what you are doing you should follow the Blue instructions below -

As we don't work on detailed Malware removal in these general forums you are better to read this advice especially since you noted 12 + infections -

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available -

Thank You - :)

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year! :)

I did not get very far yet. Following Step 1, I downloaded and inetalled the latest Malwarebytes update tonight. I ran the program and received the following message:

<quote>

An error occurred. Please report the following code to the Malwarebytes' AntiMalware support team.

Error Code 730 (0,0)

<unquote>

Hoping one of you will forward this on to the correct team member as I press on with the procedures.

Thank you.

• Root Admin

Please delete your current copy of the installer. Then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and follow the directions below.

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

Then re-enable your Anti-Virus

• Root Admin

Now reboot your computer and temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and Firewall. Then download a NEW copy of the installer and install and update the program.

Once it's working well, reboot and make sure it's still working. Then re-enable your Anti-Virus and Firewall.