cannot remove XxX.xXx file

3 posts in this topic

After trying MBAM and Avira i cannot remove this nasty file. Its keeps coming back in my temp folder after reboot. i followed the instructions http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=9573 and have attached all the log files. i am currently waiting on a windows 7 upgrade disc which should be here in a week, but in the meantime i dont want to be working on an infected pc. please help if possible. thank you

oops, heres the dds.txt

DDS (Ver_09-12-01.01) - NTFSX64

Run by Dave at 15:44:45.68 on Sun 01/31/2010

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6002.18005 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_17

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Extra Registry change it to Use SafeList.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTListIt.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.