DogStar5988

Running malwarebytes from flash drive?

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if it was possible to download and run Malwarebytes from a USB Flash drive. It would be useful for me to do it this way when I am helping other people with thier computers and they don't want/are unable to have the program on thier computers. Thanks a bunch

Hi DogStar

Please read Issue#4 from the link below - It shows how to cut a CD or use a Flash Drive - Once you are finished you can remove it via the Add Remove area - The updates will only be valid up until the time of loading the copy but you can update your version and reload again later -

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...ost&p=49525

Thank You - :)

ok so that would be to update Malwarebytes? But not run it from a flash drive right?.......a little confused

-

You would have the last update at the time (plus the program) on the Flash - Then you Reset your flash or Recut a CD in another few days to update it , as there are 2-3 updates put out every day -

This is the way to transfer the program setup to a computer without internet or with other problems -

I think this is the best I can explain it - It is just like transfering any program via CD or Flash - A flash specific version will be out soon -

Thanks - :)

EDIT - I missed to add what mountaintree16 has now added (sorry) -

Just to add to what noknojon said - Malwarebytes cannot be run from a CD or a flash drive, but you can transfer the setup file and update files from a CD or flash drive. A CD transfer is recommended for usage on severely infected computers.