laserjet

Avant Browser

7 posts in this topic

hey any one try this yet? http://www.avantbrowser.com/

I used Avant a while back. It is a good browser, quite fast, some cool features (well, at the time! B) ) - It is based on Internet Explorer

Now, I use Firefox 3 RC1

This is the problem of these browsers:

It is based on Internet Explorer

This is the problem of these browsers

Yep, thats the problem! :lol:

Basically the guy designed Avant wanted add loads of new features to IE because IE at the time (and still is) very sloooooow to add new features

I agree with you. In my view, Internet Explorer may be one basis for another great browser that combining the positive attributes of other better browsers may be the best. To become a Microsoft, it is necessary to work very hard over its browser, such as quality and less as a vision. I think that Avant Browser is a good browser should be handled well above it in order not to become as Internet Explorer 7. I think soon to draw Avant and view it in detail.

Actually, isn't it really that it *overlies* IE 7 as opposed ot be ing based upon IE 7?

Disclosure: I'm an admin of the Avant Browser forums, and have been running the Avant Browser Archive (avant.it-mate.co.uk) for several years.

Avant isn't an overlay for IE, it is a shell for the Trident engine, just like IE is a shell. The reason many do not make the distinction, is that many of the features within IE, can be found within Avant. However, the majority of the features are not built into IE itself, but into the Trident engine.

Avant will work irrespective of IE version installed (6, 7, 8), aslong as the engine is present.