MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING(404,0,HTTPStatusCode

sorry new to this>>> the error is MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING(404,0,HTTPStatusCode)

I was getting this error after the new version was installed... here's the error in full:

An error has occurred. Please report this error code to our support team.

MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (122, 0, MultiByteToWideChar)

The data area passed to a system call is too small.

One time I also got this:

MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (404, 0, HTTPStatusCode)

The people at support.com helped me fix this. They remoted controlled my computer and fixed it for me.

They said you can copy the update file from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the computer with the issue. I had a laptop with Windows 7 and my XP desktop was the system with the issue.

For Windows XP and 2000 you can find it at

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

For Windows Vista and Windows 7 it is stored here

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

• Root Admin
I was getting this error after the new version was installed... here's the error in full:

An error has occurred. Please report this error code to our support team.

MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (122, 0, MultiByteToWideChar)

The data area passed to a system call is too small.

One time I also got this:

MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (404, 0, HTTPStatusCode)

The people at support.com helped me fix this. They remoted controlled my computer and fixed it for me.

They said you can copy the update file from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the computer with the issue. I had a laptop with Windows 7 and my XP desktop was the system with the issue.

For Windows XP and 2000 you can find it at

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

For Windows Vista and Windows 7 it is stored here

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

This error indicates that your system is or was probably infected: MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (122, 0, MultiByteToWideChar)

For an infected system you can follow the advice below and someone will help you fix it for free

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

This is a strongest suggestion to the Malwarebytes guys. Why not instead of making us tinker with our firewall and anti-virus security settings, why don't you guys made the correction for the update errors in version 1.45? I have tried doing that and it still won't update. And as a paying customer of your service, I strongly recommend that we be given this patch, especially that I'm a novice when it comes to matters regarding this.

If you can't do that, is there a way wherein we can revert back to version 1.44? Thanks.

Greetings edching908 and welcome to Malwarebytes :)

The issue seems to be related to the fact that it's a new version of the software and is being blocked by firewalls installed on some users' systems. Patching it would do no good because it would still be a new program that needs to be allowed to connect by your AV and firewall.

That being said, if you would like assistance in getting it to update correctly then please provide the following information so that we can assist you:

1. The version of Windows you are using (2000, XP, Vista, 7) as well as whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit
  2. The security software you have installed besides Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (this will be your antivirus, firewall etc)

Also, if you do not want us to troubleshoot it here you also have the option of contacting support directly at support@malwarebytes.org and they can work with you one on one to get Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware properly configured on your system so that you can again get updates as you should.

• Staff
sorry new to this>>> the error is MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING(404,0,HTTPStatusCode)
This was a glitch on our server that was corrected a short time afterwards, you should be able to update now.

This was a glitch on our server that was corrected a short time afterwards, you should be able to update now.

Nope. Try again!

T:his one was amusing...

Yesterday, 02:35 PM Post #4

Elite Member

Group: Trusted Advisors

Member No.: 17,127

@ bingo1

Hello bingo1, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org

Looks like you have an infected computer. There are a few things we can try. There is a self help guide you can follow, or you can seek help from the experts, or you can also do both if you like.

First:

Here's a quick guide for you.., how to remove XP Internet Security 2010, Antivirus Vista 2010, and Win 7 Antispyware 2010

Even if your infection has a different name, you can try these steps as they have been successful in many cases.

You can find it located RIGHT HERE

Second:

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

If you are a corporate customer please send an e******* corporate-support@malwarebytes.org. (NOTE: An order number is required for corporate support.)

Also, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button or erase what the person you are replying to said, as this makes the forum easier to read.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you

• Staff
Nope. Try again!

T:his one was amusing...

No, on that day, that code was directly related to the glitch I mentioned, please do not try and tell me what the issue was. It wwas confrimed by our network admin. And that code will only happen when the servers are down.

The infection was another situation.