runtime error 13 mismatch

I updated to the new version today and now when I use the right click menu option to scan something I get this error message,"Run time error 13 mismatch" also when I do a scan from the main window it does the scan and then instead of a report I get this message again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but makes no difference. Can any one help please? I've been using Malwarebytes for a couple of years and this is the only problem I've had.

Hoping you can sort this for me. :)

post-37945-1270327627_thumb.jpg

Greetings dozydora and welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Please try the following to see if it resolves your issue:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Please let me know how it goes.

Followed your instructions - to the letter - attempted to scan for 2 hrs 39 minutes - ended up with the same result "error code 13 mismatch" after trying to access results of the scan.

5 objects are found each time but I have not yet been able to remove them because of the runtime error.

edwardw

• Root Admin

If its finding Malware but crashing before you can remove it then please follow the advise below and have someone assist you in removing any Malware first.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Hello again

Well I'm no further on did all you said and it made no difference still scans to what must be almost the end, showing NO infections and then up comes the error. I did contact Tom at the helpline and he suggested several checks which found nothing and he has submitted a log file for me but no response in several days so I guess there's no solution yet. I do hope there is soon. One thing I've noticed my pc does seem to be running a bit slow but otherwise fine.

I will keep in touch and thank you for your help so far.

Dozydora.

Had the same experience - Running XP Home - SP3 and had followed the uninstall/reinstall instructions to the letter. First ran a quick scan, which revealed no infections, then proceeded with full scan, which also completed successfully, showing no infection. These scans were completed after an additional PC reboot after disabling ALL Avira AntiVir (Product version 10.0.0.561) services.

With the success at having both scans completed, I re-enabled Avira and started with a quick scan - Can you guess.. ? Got Error 13 - Mismatch error, again.

Using Avira Configuration, added mbam.exe as a process for exclusion and have found that a quick scan once again has completed without error. Now in the process of running another full scan and am hoping the exclusion will also prove to be the trick to having mbam do it's job. My last full scan took just short of 3 hours, so I will post this with faith in awaited victory.

As the old saying goes, "No news is good news", if I'm not back later today with an additional post of crypted expletives, you all can assume all is well and that a 'fix' has been found.

(edited...) As the old saying goes, "No news is good news", if I'm not back later today with an additional post of crypted expletives, you all can assume all is well and that a 'fix' has been found.

$#!+... #^@!( !!!!

Sorry, I'm baaaaaaaaack.....

Looks like I have to completely disable Avira to run a full mbam scan - Got through an hour and fifteen minutes (about halfway through) and Error 13 - Type mismatch popped up again.

Hoping staff can help us find an easier way to be able to use this program!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again :(

Please do the following:

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here and save it to your desktop.
    • Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you also need to do the following:
      1. Right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Properties
      2. Click on the Compatibility tab
      3. Under Privilege Level check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
      4. Click on Apply then click OK

[*]Double-click Autoruns.exe to run it.

[*]Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.

[*]Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures

[*]Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.

[*]When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.

[*]Right click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder

[*]Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply

Thanks B)

Because with multiple logs/posts from different users it can get confusing when troubleshooting. It's the same reason that users with a specific infection must create their own thread to receive help. The causes may be different and the solutions may be different.

The problem is acknowledged, that's why I'm here :).

Hi guys :)

This is my first post on this forum. If I havent got it right just delete this post, or move it where it may be appropiate.

I serve on a Spanish forum. This is me: Foros Inforspyware

I have two users reporting this error from Malwarebytes. I have tried to find common things that they may have.

• Both users that have reported this issue use Windows XP Sp3. (Still not clear if using a Windows uE edition)
  • Both users have used, o continue to use some kind of crack o serial for their security programs.
  • Both users had used McAfee software at some stage.

I am working hard on this issue, but I am not able to reproduce this error on my test computer. It doesnt seem to be an error produced by Malwarebytes itself; but by some error of OS.

So to all them whom have written some lines on this post, please answer these simple questions::

1. What operative system are you using? Is it authentic?
  2. What antivirus are you using? Is it authentic?
  3. Have you ever used a crack or a serial number off the internet to get Malwarebytes to work with all its functions?

Please keep in mind the last suggestion::

Greetings :)

Please start a new post and attach your Autoruns.zip file to that post.

[*]What operative system are you using? Is it authentic?

[*]What antivirus are you using? Is it authentic?

[*]Have you ever used a crack or a serial number off the internet to get Malwarebytes to work with all its functions?

Hello

I have XP home service pack 3 and yes it's authentic.

I use avast free antivirus and have no reason to suspect it's anything but genuine.

No I have never used a crack for anything.

Hope some one can find a solution soon

Regards

Dozydora

• Root Admin

[*]Have you ever used a crack or a serial number off the internet to get Malwarebytes to work with all its functions?

Hello

I use avast free antivirus and have no reason to suspect it's anything but genuine.

Regards

Dozydora

What language is the Operating System?

Hello

Regards

Dozydora

Thanks a lot for the information given.

I am still waiting for some replies from higher staff member to see if its OK for me to add more suggestions.

Do you use TuneUp 2009 or 2010 free edition?

• Root Admin

Well so far we are unable to duplicate this in-house which makes it very difficult to track down.

Most (maybe not all) seem to be either Spanish or French installation of Windows XP that are seeing this error.

Obtaining more details and similarities of OS, Applications, Hardware certainly can't hurt in helping to track this down.

Well so far we are unable to duplicate this in-house which makes it very difficult to track down.

Most (maybe not all) seem to be either Spanish or French installation of Windows XP that are seeing this error.

Obtaining more details and similarities of OS, Applications, Hardware certainly can't hurt in helping to track this down.

Can I add some Lops S&D logs from computers with this problem that may hel to find the error?? :)

Things in common::

Both computers run on Windows Xp Sp3 Spanish Language. The Lops`logs will give a good hint of what is installed. We have tried to change Malwarebytes into English. Although I have just seen there is a new update 1.46; and may solve the problem.

COMPUTER 1::

--------------------\\ Lop S&D 4.2.5-0 XP/Vista

Microsoft ® Windows Script Host versi