cannot run mbam

I have tried the 4 recommended fixes for rooting out the virus from MBAM wont install subject on the forum. i cannot identify the TDL2 driver per the instructions and would like help.

here is the output log from rootrepeal

Can anyone decipher the text file log attached? I ran the rootrepeal application and generated this file, it did not contain any of the listed prefixes listed, but did show a .sys at the very top.

thanks

schmoley55

Hello schmoley55! Welcome to MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Forums!

My name is Borislav and I will be glad to help you solve your problems with malware. Before we begin, please note the following:

• The process of cleaning your system may take some time, so please be patient.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • If you don't know or can't understand something please ask.
  • Do not install any software or hardware, while work on.

Step 1:

Please try this version of malwarebytes: Click the link here

Save it on your desktop. You'll see it will have a random name, and will look similar like this: mbamrandom.gif

Doubleclick on it, so it will extract the files and will start Malwarebytes automatically.

In case the installer (random named file) won't run either, rename it to EXPLORER.EXE and try again.

When Malwarebytes opens, click the "Update" tab FIRST and select to check for updates in order to get the latest

updates.

In case Malwarebytes doesn't open, search for the folder mbam-installer on your desktop, open it and doubleclick

the file winlogon.exe which will be present in there. This should launch Malwarebytes.

Then perform a Quick scan and let it remove what it found. Reboot afterwards (important).

After reboot, post the malwarebytes log.

Step 2:

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.

Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

[*]Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

In your next reply, please include these log(s):

* MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware log

* DDS log with Attach.txt

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.