mbamservice.exe causing severe slowdown

Alright, thanks for testing that :)

Please go ahead and reinstall it and then do the following:

Disable Autostart Entries Using Autoruns:

Please open Autoruns.exe again and allow it to perform its scan. Once it finishes please proceed with the following:

• Click on the Logon tab and click the checkbox on the left side of each of the following so that they are unchecked:

• FreeRAM XP

[*]Once that is complete, restart your computer.

Let me know if that helps or not.

1. After updated to V.1.46 I got a message " IS9PNSC.exe can't run" and what hell is it ?

2. Then go to OA and allowed all MBAM services and reboot. Now, I can't find MBAM icon tray anymore.

3. Have a look into Task Manager and found MBAM services was running. It surprised me :) it took only 3186 K( before +50000K). Very Impresive improvement, THANK YOUUUUUU guys :)

could give explanations about point 1 & 2 ?

cheers :)

I believe IS9PNSC.exe is a temporary installer file created by InnoSetup, the installation package type used by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. If it was blocked by OA then you'll need to reinstall MBAM and allow it this time or temporarily disable OA.

If you still don't see the tray icon, this could be the reason as it's possible that that installation file wasn't able to complete MBAM's installation.

3. Have a look into Task Manager and found MBAM services was running. It surprised me :) it took only 3186 K( before +50000K). Very Impresive improvement, THANK YOUUUUUU guys :)

EDIT : just reinstalled V.1.46 and look into Task Manager. MBAM service still eating RAM 54460K ??

Alright, thanks for testing that :)

Please go ahead and reinstall it and then do the following:

Please open Autoruns.exe again and allow it to perform its scan. Once it finishes please proceed with the following:

• Click on the Logon tab and click the checkbox on the left side of each of the following so that they are unchecked:

• FreeRAM XP

Let me know if that helps or not.

I disabled freeramxp and it didn't help. So I disabled all of the following (using only the logon tab in autoruns: autorun eater, Diagent, logmein, quick time task, winpatrol, logitech, carbonite, alt tab and free download manager.

Still get mbam spikes even though everything else is idle. They are not quite as high 45-50 range but still are happening at same frequency. Attaching a new autoruns log

AutoRuns2.zip

Please do the following to see if these have anything to do with it:

• hpoddt01.exe.lnk
    • officejet 6100.lnk

Let me know if the issue persists.

I just updated to the new version (1.46), and I see little or no improvement. It still takes 30-40% of CPU (37MB memory usage) when the computer is essentially idle, and spikes way up when I start something running. While I haven't seen any egregious slowdowns yet, I also haven't been doing anything very intensive. (XP, SP3)

Also, nothing changes when I right-click in the systray and turn off protection, website blocking, and even exit the service. I have to forcibly End Process in Task Manager to make it stop.

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I've been following a few threads regarding cpu spikes/slowness for a while now as I'm having similar issues. I've add the relevant exceptions to Windows Firewall and to Avast. I also followed the instructions on how to remove and reinstall Malwarebytes, but despite my best efforts mbamservices.exe is still hogging the cpu.

I've noticed that even if I fully disable Malwarebytes in the system tray mbamservices.exe is still doing it's thing. When I use Firefox everything slows to a near halt.

I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look at the attached AutoRuns.zip to see if there might be another solution to the issue.

AutoRuns.zip

Hello Exile360.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Since posting my AutoRuns.zip I did a bit of a clearance and uninstalled whatever was left of the Mcafee. I had no problems doing so through control panel, so doubt it was anything malicious.

I also prevented Malwarebytes from running when Windows starts which solved the speed crisis, but I'm suddenly getting lots of re-directions in Firefox. For now I'm assuming my PC is infected and so sorting that out. If the speed issues return once my system is clean I'll post a new AutoRuns log.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been having this mbamservice.exe-hogging-the-CPU problem for a while, too. I've tried most of the suggestions above but to no avail.

In my case, it seemed to be particularly pronounced when I viewed certain websites with firefox, but it didn't happen when I viewed the same websites with internetexplorer. I tried disabling all my firefox plugins but it still happened.

I eventually found out that if I turn of this little utility I have called "Sound Pilot" (from: http://www.colorpilot.com ; I use to have my computer make a sound when I hit the CAPSLOCK key, and only the CAPSLOCK key) the problem stopped happening.

A MB scan doesn't complain about Sound Pilot - is there some other way I can add this to the Ignore List?