MBAM for Windows 64-bit systems

Now that every new computer ships with a 64-bit processor and most systems include a 64-bit OS, it really is overdue for MBAM to develop a fully revamped 64-bit anti-malware detection program. I've used MBAM in Windows 7 64-bit with an Intel Quad Core processor and MBAM lags system performance, and gobbles up excessive system resources. It is time to build a 64-bit version to take advantage of the 64-bit environment and multi core processors.

Greetings :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I've passed them along to the developers.

I believe some performance optimizations for dual and multicore systems are in the works although I don't know when they'll be implemented.

As for 64 bit, there's really nothing faster about a 64 bit system, it simply allows access to more RAM (more than the standard 2Gb per process and 48 bits of address space vs 32 bits). Our processes should never even come close to that upper limit with regards to RAM usage. 64 is only faster for apps that use very high amounts of RAM such as professional level CAD programs, photo editors, video editors etc. Normal programs such as antivirus, word processors etc yield no gain from 64 bit vs 32 bit.

askankman,

What are you using for an AntiVirus program? You may need to add some exclusions to your AV for Mbam if you are experiencing system slowdowns.

• 4 months later...
Greetings :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I've passed them along to the developers.

I believe some performance optimizations for dual and multicore systems are in the works although I don't know when they'll be implemented.

As for 64 bit, there's really nothing faster about a 64 bit system, it simply allows access to more RAM (more than the standard 2Gb per process and 48 bits of address space vs 32 bits). Our processes should never even come close to that upper limit with regards to RAM usage. 64 is only faster for apps that use very high amounts of RAM such as professional level CAD programs, photo editors, video editors etc. Normal programs such as antivirus, word processors etc yield no gain from 64 bit vs 32 bit.

Thanks exile360. Are you guys coding in Visual Studio C++ ? If so, I recommend Intel Parallel Studio 2011 to perform all the parallel coding. The 2011 plug-in has a fantastic tool called Parallel Advisor that makes the whole job relatively easy.

Thanks exile360. Are you guys coding in Visual Studio C++ ? If so, I recommend Intel Parallel Studio 2011 to perform all the parallel coding. The 2011 plug-in has a fantastic tool called Parallel Advisor that makes the whole job relatively easy.

I don't believe they do. They use Visual Basic if I'm correct. Probably 2005.:)