BrainyTehBrain

igfxtray and hkcmd

10 posts in this topic

I've read a couple descriptions about them, but I'm still not sure if their required. Can anybody give me a suggestion?

yeah they are requied if you open up task manger it will tell you what they are for

Hello BrainyTehBrain :)

IgfxTray

Quick access to the control panel via a System Tray icon for graphics based upon the Intel chipsets (ie, i810). These chipsets are often included on motherboards. Available via Start -> Settings -> Control Panel.

hkcmd

Installed by the Intel 810 and 815 chipset graphic drivers. Not necessary to run system.

For more see Startups listed in StartUpLite

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask and someone will assist you :)

@malwaredestroyer, I'm running XP

So Igfxtray is pretty useless because you can do the same thing with control panel

And hkcmd is useless overall?

@ BrainyTehBrain

So Igfxtray is pretty useless because you can do the same thing with control panel

Correct, you can still access it through Control Panel

And hkcmd is useless overall?

Still useful just not necessary at start-up to run windows

:)

Adobe Gamma Loader

Adjusts monitor colours across all programs, including Photoshop. It is needed by some graphics professionals who want their monitor calibrated. Most home users will not need it.

This will be a user choice. You can disable it, but if you notice any difference in your graphics display-re-enable

:)

if it is not broken then dont try to fix it.My philosophy on computing.it has worked for me so far.

I generally leave them be as they seem to have no effect on system start time or resource usage and I have needed to access Intel's tray app on rare occasions to change a setting or two so it's proven to be somewhat handy.