Can't get windows updates

Hi, I had total pc defender 2010 and got most of it removed with malwarebytes. I had to do the first run with malwarebytes without any updates because I did not have an internet connection, once I got connected I updated and ran again. I can't get any windows updates.

Here are my logs

Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18928

8/18/2010 12:11:52 PM

mbam-log-2010-08-18 (12-11-52).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 148284

Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 54 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 1

Registry Values Infected: 2

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 1

Files Infected: 21

Memory Processes Infected:

C:\Windows\bill112.exe (Worm.Koobface) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\webserver (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\win antispyware center (Rogue.TotalPCDefender2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\sysfbtray (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

C:\Program Files\SystemDefender2010 (Rogue.TotalPCDefender2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:

C:\Windows\Temp\TMP0000000187C1BBB310ECC11B (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Program Files\SystemDefender2010\Win Antispyware Center.exe (Rogue.TotalPCDefender2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\lgo (Koobface.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\bk23567.dat (KoobFace.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\fdgg34353edfgdfdf (KoobFace.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Program Files\webserver\webserver.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Windows\bill112.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\george downs\AppData\Local\Temp\zpskon_1276633068.exe (Worm.Koobface) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\05154484910053.xxe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\0535049569854.xxe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\097101524998102.xxe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\0995154505553.xxe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\Guest.georgedowns-PC\Local Settings\Application Data\rdr_1276701054.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\rdr_1276639502.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\rdr_1276649045.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\rdr_1276649268.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\rdr_1276697910.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\rdr_1276700560.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\rdr_1276728082.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\rdr_1276730633.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\Local Settings\Application Data\rdr_1276890390.exe (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4445

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18928

8/18/2010 12:46:45 PM

mbam-log-2010-08-18 (12-46-45).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 167903

Time elapsed: 11 minute(s), 22 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 1

Registry Keys Infected: 3

Registry Values Infected: 1

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

c:\Windows\System32\pdrv.dll (Worm.KoobFace) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ppdrv (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_PDRV (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PDRV (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost\ppdrv (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

c:\Windows\System32\pdrv.dll (Worm.KoobFace) -> Delete on reboot.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\pdrv.sys (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Users\juanita downs\AppData\Local\Temp\3ADF.tmp (Trojan.Alureon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

DDS

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86

Run by george downs at 14:03:52.26 on Wed 08/18/2010

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18928

Microsoft

Attach.zip

Step 1

Please, uninstall the following applications:

1. Adobe Reader 9

You can read, how to do this here:

Step 2

**Note: If you need more detailed information, please visit the web page of ComboFix in BleepingComputer. **

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms diminish. Lack of symptoms does not always mean the job is complete.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by me or another helper.

Please download ComboFix from

Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved and renamed following this process directly to your desktop**

1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:
    • Open Tools -> Options -> Main tab
    • Set to Always ask me where to Save the files.

[*]During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

CF_download_FF.gif

CF_download_rename.gif

[*]It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.

[*]Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.

[*]Close any open browsers.

[*]Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

-----------------------------------------------------------

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause unpredictable results.
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.

• Close any open browsers.
  • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
  • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.

[*]Double click on combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.

[*]When finished, it will produce a report for you.

[*]Please post the C:\Combo-Fix.txt for further review.

**Note: Do not mouseclick combo-fix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Hi, Here is the combofix log. When combofix was running it said there was a root kit so I clicked OK and it rebooted and ran, and right before it rebooted again there was a catchme error I didn't see exactly what it was but it rebooted and gave the log. there was an error when I started IE about a registry key that was marked for deletion so I rebooted and I now can get windows updates, there some to get but I did not install them.

ComboFix 10-08-19.02 - george downs 08/20/2010 15:09:43.1.1 - x86

Microsoft

Yes, you should. ;) I'm glad that could help you. :) Last steps:

Step 1

* Go to start > run and copy and paste next command in the field:

ComboFix /uninstall

Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /

Then hit enter.

This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again.

Step 2

To enable CD Emulation programs using DeFogger please perform these steps:

1. Please download DeFogger to your desktop.
  2. Once downloaded, double-click on the DeFogger icon to start the tool.
  3. The application window will now appear. You should now click on the Enable button to enable your CD Emulation drivers
  4. When it prompts you whether or not you want to continue, please click on the Yes button to continue
  5. When the program has completed you will see a Finished! message. Click on the OK button to exit the program.
  6. If CD Emulation programs are present and have been enabled, DeFogger will now ask you to reboot the machine. Please allow it to do so by clicking on the OK button.

Step 3

Please manually delte Defogger, GMER and DDS.

Step 4

Please download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader from:

www.adobe.com

Step 5

Some malware preventions:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=9365

Safe surfing! ;)

Let's use this tool to clean ComboFix and it's leftovers.

Please download OTCleanIt and save it to desktop.

• Double-click OTCleanIt.exe
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.

Note: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTCleanIt attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

Glad we could help. ;)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!