auto updating not working

I have a licensed version on my computer and I've set the check box to automatically update the software. However, it does not appear to be working. My virus signatures get out of date. The computer is left on, connected to the internet all the time. MWAM is running all the time...

thanks in advanced.

I am having this same problem. Everything was working ok and then just wasnt the other day - i noticed because the icon changed to look like a random program icon - white with a window in the middle. i ran the update and scan ok, but they are not autoscheduling.

i have windows 7 64 bit professional and use eset anti virus.

i just updated to database version 4782.

thanks for any help.

Hi ramonabosch -

This Item<--- was sent from a moderator at the Est A/V forum to show how to add the exclusions required -

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Please post back if you require further information -

Thank You -

EDIT -

Do you have any error messages or error numbers displayed -

hi there -

i added the exclusions as you described in the above post but none of the changed that

the auto scheduler is not performing the scans at the time i set

and none of the updates are auto updating and i have to go in and do it manually.

keep in mind the updater and scheduler worked for about a week when i installed the paid version and then stopped working.

would reinstalling it be helpful?

my link in an email to reinstall it expired.

please help and thank you.

Sure, a clean install of Malwarebytes may help here are the steps needed......

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

when i purchased malwarebytes they sent an email with a link that installs the program.

under the link it gives a expiration date for that link - the link is active for a week or two.

it is now my understanding that i could download the program from the link the person gave me in the message in this forum and ill just put in my key and id numbers i already to make it legitimate professional version.

not sure about that, but you can get it from the links below, then just enter your ID and KEY......

Here are the download links for you, these can change from time to time especially when the new version comes out....

Download FROM HERE: This link will direct you to any of the following download sites, all considered safe:

CNET

FileForumBeta

MajorGeeks

TechSpot

Or you can use THIS LINK from cnet download should work okay until or unless they change it.

Note: Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which is prominently displayed, they are ads and we do not have any association with them.

Save the file to your desktop then double-click it to begin installation.

Hi -

Did you read the start of MY Post #8 - This link is directly from an ESET Moderator who also works on this forum as an expert -

I had problems with another user and this has become the standard for fixing the problem for 6 months now -

NOTE : Your license is a Lifetime license - Please copy the Key and ID to notepad or similar to keep it and even reinstall on your next computer -

Thank You -