Corrupt setup file

rlb11

I am trying to install Malwarebytes and the OS is XP. I get an error that the setup files are corrupt. I tried to clean my computer using a link in this forum from another post and get a error 0. I am not sure what the next steps to take are. Thank you.

Hello rlb11

Welcome to Malwarebytes.

=====================

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on OTL to run it.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Under Custom scan's and fixes section paste in the below in bold

netsvcs

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*

%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles

%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles

%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90

%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll

• Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

====================

Please download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
  • Click the Report tab, then click Scan
  • Check Drivers, Stealth Code, Files, and Code Hooks
  • Uncheck the rest, then click OK
  • When prompted to Select Disks for Scan, make sure C:\ is checked and click OK
  • Wait till the scanner has finished then go File > Save Report
  • Save the report somewhere you can find it, typically your desktop. Click Close
  • Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in your next reply.

Note - You may get this warning it is ok, just ignore it."Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!

It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!