Malwarebytes not running scheduled update and scans

I had an internet data usage issue in September that could have been caused by a Trogan, but which was resolved within a few days. Since then, however, my scheduled update and scans do not take place at any time, although they did when I first registered with Malwarebytes on 23rd July. I set up a daily update and quick scan, and weekly full scan on that date. That information still displays in the Scheduler, even following uninstallation and reinstallation of the software, but no automatic update or scans occur. No boxes are checked for 'Scan' or 'Update' in the Scheduler. 'Recover if missed by:' is set to 0 hours and 'Repeating every:' is set to 1 day. The Protection tab states, "Thankyou for your purchase. You may enable the protection module below.". 'Enable protection module' and its box are greyed out, but the box is checked.

I rely upon manual update and scans for the moment, which is not really acceptable to me. I should appreciate any assistance to have my update and scans occur automatically again.

Hi Bob Hawkins -

Since you had several issues any program can become corrupted - Please spend a few mins to Un /reinstall the program (see below) -

Make sure you keep your Key and ID to replace them once this has been done -

You will then need to reset your schedules How to Set up and Use the Scheduler

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from ->Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from ->Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from ->Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from ->Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Please post back if there are still any issues we can help you with -

Thank You - :P

noknojon

Many thanks for your prompt response to my post last week. I carried out your instructions for Windows XP completely the very next day. I recognised the difference: my previous schedules had disappeared. I entered my ID and Key, and set up new schedules for a daily update and quick scan and a weekly full scan as of the time and date in the 'Starting:' box in the Scheduler. Until today, my computer was not booted at the time scheduled for the update and scans. But no update or scan took place whenever I did boot the computer, which I thought was strange, and that it should do so. Today, I was present with the computer booted at the time for the update and quick scan and nothing happened. The update is as of 16th November when I open Malwarebytes from the system tray, although I had the feeling that was not the case when I previously opened Malwarebytes from the desktop - perhaps I am mistaken. I have the 'Enable protection module' box checked in the 'Protection' window, and the 'Log' window does show a protection-log text file for every day since last Tuesday, the 9th.

I should be grateful for your or anyone else's assistance.

One word of caution to others, if I may: in uninstalling, cleaning and reinstalling Malwarebytes, all previous logs are lost, which I hadn't the foresight to appreciate, and which I personally would have liked to copy and keep as a record.

'Recover if missed by:' is set to 0 hours and 'Repeating every:' is set to 1 day.
Until today, my computer was not booted

Hi Bob -

I just noticed that you mention that " Recover if missed by" is not checked - Please set this to at least 1 hour or 4 hours if not more -

You must have the computer connected the internet to update and turned on to run the scans -

Many people set it to turn on when the scans are requested -

Thank You -

EDIT -

Lets do a quick rundown of what each box means:How to Set up and Use the Scheduler

noknojon

Many thanks for helping me. I didn't quite understand how 'Recover if missed by:' worked, but that appears to have been the issue. I set the update and quick and full scans to 23 (on the basis that I might not boot the computer from one day to the next), and Malwarebytes automatically started a quick scan immediately - even without me restarting the computer. One further thing that small brains like mine do not figure out immediately is that it is no use changing the intervals on existing schedules; they have to be deleted and new ones created with the new intervals. A 'Save' or 'Save changes' button on the dialog box might be useful.

With regards,

Bob

One further thing that small brains like mine do not figure out immediately is that it is no use changing the intervals on existing schedules; they have to be deleted and new ones created with the new intervals. A 'Save' or 'Save changes' button on the dialog box might be useful.

With regards,

Hi again Bob -

This idea has been put forward but it can not save the old settings - You must fully reset the schedules if you want to change them (good idea though) -

We have encounted this several times , but it was easier (and quicker) just to click on a few boxes and reset them -

In Diagrams 3 and 4 , the Wake from Sleep function can be used if you leave the computer in sleep mode and the router is left on at nights -

Any other problems , please post back and we always try to help -

Thank You -

noknojon

I regret to report that altering 'Recover if missed by:' does not appear to have resolved my issue after all, and that the Malwarebytes' scan started only because I added new details. Since then, no daily quick scans have run automatically. I have deleted schedules, added new schedules with changed dates and times, and various hours for 'Recover if missed by:', all to no avail. Certainly, a search on 'Recover if missed by:' does seem to reveal I am far from alone in having difficulties.