joe53

mbamgui.exe questions

14 posts in this topic

I note the latest upgrade to MBAM 1.29 has added to my msconfig>Startup list:

mbamgui "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray

I have the full (paid) MBAM program that I choose to run as an on-demand scanner only.

Questions:

- Do I need this mbamgui.exe to load at startup? What exactly does it do? Can I safely remove it from Startup?

A perhaps related question:

in the PAID version, it seems that the new MBAM service is automatically loaded at startup, regardless of whether protection is enabled or DISabled...

is that the way it's supposed to be? --

what purpose does the service perform when protection is DISabled; i.e., if someone is using the PAID version only as an on-demand scanner??

If you are using the full version simply as an on demand scanner, please type this into the command line.

"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /uninstall

We had to make a few sacrifices to make the protection module so quick and compatible with multiple operating systems and this was one of them.

Thanks, Marcin.

I chose to disable mbamgui.exe from my startup programs using WinPatrol instead. (Never know when I might want to re-enable resident MBAM protection!) The on-demand scanner seems to work just fine.

With regards to the MBAMService I see when I run services.msc, it seems to depend on having MBAMProtector installed. I don't see this component installed on my system. Can I assume both of these are required for real-time protection only?

@RubbeR Ducky

I've the opposite problem: I'm using the (paid) version of MBAM and I want to activate the online security module. After upgrading to vers. 1.29 this is not possible (Error Message "1073" when pressing "Schutz starten"). btw: MBAM is not shown in the system tray after system-start.

What can I do?

@RubbeR Ducky

I've the opposite problem: I'm using the (paid) version of MBAM and I want to activate the online security module. After upgrading to vers. 1.29 this is not possible (Error Message "1073" when pressing "Schutz starten"). btw: MBAM is not shown in the system tray after system-start.

What can I do?

Same problem here. :)

Anyone who can help ?

:)

If nobody can't (want to ?) solve these problem (a Bug on the new version 1.29 on the malware real time detection module),

can we have the version 1.28 who is perfect and no Bug :)

We paid for a good version not for a Bug version :)

PLEASE GIVE US THE VERSION 1.28 :)

You've posted in multiple topics the same thing nounours. We are aware of the issue. Please stop posting this.

You've posted in multiple topics the same thing nounours. We are aware of the issue. Please stop posting this.

Well its been 5 months, any progress on a solution? I am not reposting the same issue here but it seems the problem remains. MBAMProtector is not a loaded service.