Unable to Install or run malwarebytes, CoCreateInstance and overflow 6 errors

Hey guys, I'm running into a rather complex problem and I'm hoping to get some help here.

right now my PC(running on 64bit VIsta home premium) is semi paralyzed due to the following 2 problems.

1. Ie8 will not launch, double click on either the desktop icon or the actual 32bit exe and nothing happens, no error, no crash/freeze. ie8 64bit works fine, I've tried all possible workaround for this particular issue and nothing helped, I ran the add-on only mode, same thing, nothing happens, reset the options and same thing, uninstal/reinstal IE 8 and 9, same thing, 64bit works, 32bit doesn't

2. unable to install/uninstall certain programs, like Malwarebytes, and spybot, I get the CoCreateInstance fail error.

3. unable to use the Open or Browse function from any application installed on my pc, I open any app, say photoshop, click file on the file menu and click open, nothing happens.

with Malwarebytes, I get the cocreateinstance error during installation, installation was trying to create links and shortcuts when this error popped up., but the program is partially installed and i can still launch the program, but performing a quick scan, gives the Overflow 6 error.

what I have tried so far:

1. Ran a number of malware programs, including Spybot and NOD and Avast, spybot had the cocreateinstance error during installation but iwas able to launch the program and run the scan, there were minimal items discovered after scanning, all very small stuff and after fixing the malware, a second scan with all of these programs showed no malware.

2. ran 3 64bit rootkit scanners, they are unhackme, sophos anti-rootkit, Avast anti rootkit, and nothing found.

3. ran SFC check and aside from one unrepirable file named settings.ini, which after looking it up, is probably unrelated.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!