Insert Scan Disk and Error 1706

I am using a Dell Inspiron Model E1505 Laptop with Windows XP.

Recently when I run Malwarebytes I get a message that says:

"Insert Scan Disk and check ok"

Then I get a message that says:

"Error 1706. No Valid Source could be found for product Scan. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

How do I fix this?

Thank you

• Staff

I would recommend going to HP's site and download the latest FULL software install and reinstall that. That should fix the problem.

If you tell me what printer you have i cant point you to the download. This can be caused by registry cleaners. There are a ton of hits on google for this error message and even a HP article about registry cleaners causing this.

This is not related to our software though.

• 2 weeks later...
I would recommend going to HP's site and download the latest FULL software install and reinstall that. That should fix the problem.

If you tell me what printer you have i cant point you to the download. This can be caused by registry cleaners. There are a ton of hits on google for this error message and even a HP article about registry cleaners causing this.

This is not related to our software though.

My HP Printer is Model #7210 All-in-One.

I will be happy to install the full HP software if you will let me know where to find it.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but for reasons unknown to me I am not getting emailed notification of replies to this thread although the message below "Post Options" says I am currently receiving them.

Thank you

I hooked up my laptop to my HP Printer and tried to run the utility as suggested.

Sadly, I got the following message which is the same message I get whenever I try to do a Malwarebytes update which is:

"The feature that you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Scan"disk and click O.K."

I do not know what CD-ROM or other removable disk the message is referring to. I have had the same HP printer and Laptop for the past 4 years. For the past 3 years I have been using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware yet only recently have I had this problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

The one you most likely want is the HP Officejet and Photosmart Basic Software and Driver. That will install all of the drivers needed for the printer and scanner to function. It won't install any of the extra software that came with the printer, so if you also want the extra software, install the HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers.

The one you most likely want is the HP Officejet and Photosmart Basic Software and Driver. That will install all of the drivers needed for the printer and scanner to function. It won't install any of the extra software that came with the printer, so if you also want the extra software, install the HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Thank you Samuel